News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlight glass

Started by piggydude, January 26, 2005, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piggydude

Hi chaps

My offside headlight glass got holed by a roadsalt sprayer the other day and is shipping water. I've got myself a secondhand one from a breakers, but... I don't know how to fit it.

I'd be grateful of any advice as to how to get the old one out and the new one in.

Thanks

Jim

Sasquatch

You need to remove the fairing, and the headlight assembly.  When you take apart the assembly measure where your headlight adjusters are in relationship to the threaded rods.  Replace to same position.  You will still need to fine tune the aiming once completed.

steveb

I need to adjust the offside headlight on my '99 tiger BUT the owners handbook just says "remove the cockpit". How? Tried removing the bits the indicators are fixed to but still could not find any cockpit/clock fixings. Any help greatly appreciated.

I think i've been spoilt by the lights on my old VFR......

Quote from: "steveb"I need to adjust the offside headlight on my '99 tiger BUT the owners handbook just says "remove the cockpit". How? Tried removing the bits the indicators are fixed to but still could not find any cockpit/clock fixings. Any help greatly appreciated.

I think i've been spoilt by the lights on my old VFR......

Ignore the handbook. The "cockpit" is not removeable. It's the fairing that has to come off.

Firstly, if the adjustment you require is just up or down, the fairing doesn't need to come off. There is a little thumb wheel at the bottom of each lamp. It is well hidden and is a bugger to reach and fiddle with. But it is there.

If it is sideways adjustment you need :-

Once you've got the bits that hold the indicators off, there is a bolt under each one. It's a 6mm allen key. The other 2 bolts (same size) are behind the wind shield. Once the 4 bolts are out the fairing will just pull away. I suggest you slightly rotate the top forward and down as you pull it.

Once you've done that, the headlights are all there in full view.

steveb

Cheers Blacktiger, just what I needed! It only needs vertical, so hopefully my digits will be dextrous (?) enough to twiddle in situ.

What pub?

S

piggydude

thanks guys

I'll have a go at the weekend.

Cheers

Jim