News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Had a visit today

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 09, 2012, 10:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

From Mikey.  Nice chap, really nice, clean, well cared-for silver Girly with slight hiccups. Managed to pretty much smooth them out and also put a bit of pepper on her tail...... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

:wings Hope he`s happy with results...cant wait for the next thread :XXcomputer
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

He said it used a bit more fuel going home,  which could be the changes I made, but I prefer to think it was exuberant use of the right hand while enjoying the extra midrange :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mikeybikey57

You're not wrong there squire, i'm one ecstatic man! She really flew on the way back home, especially when pulling from tickover and through the midrange. The music she makes when winding the throttle on is awesome, which will almost certainly account for the small drop in mpg.

Bixxer Bob very kindly blew a new map into the ECU, which gave it the added ooomph it was previously lacking. As well as that, he found that one of the throttle bodies was miles out of sync. The other two were also out but not by nearly as much. Once balanced and put back together it was like having a new bike.

So hats off to you sir......... the things they say about you here are entirely unfounded, as you are indeed a gentleman and a scholar.

Suffice to say that I still far from pleased with the dealer, who had said that he'd balanced the throttle bodies. The man is either incompetent, a liar or possibly both.
Having recently sent me a questionnaire about the "quality" of their service, I shall take great pleasure in giving the dealer a detailed account of the mess they made and the trouble that I and others, had to go to put it right. Considering they charged me £399 for the privilege of having them screw up my bike, I'm also going to demand a partial refund too. Watch this space. :twisted:
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

BigDan

Whats your address Bixxer?!

Haha :P
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Bixxer Bob

Norfolk's a bit of a hike for you Dan but the kettle's always on.... :wink:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Norfolk's a bit of a hike for you Dan but the kettle's always on.... :wink:

And the walls are being plastered  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Not yet they're not.  :lol:

Next spring at the earliest.... :roll: