News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Not happy.....

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 11, 2012, 10:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

:twisted:   How easy is it to convert a well-behaved, neutral-steering, sweet handling Girly into a heavy-footed, slow-steering vibration-ridden clod-hopping lump?

Dead easy, just fit adventure block tyres  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

After getting over the shock, when I first fitted Pirelli Scorpion Trails, at how quick and neutral they steered, I absolutely loved them and during the two sets I've had I've never once thought for a second "will they stick?" regardless of lean angle, wet or dry. I've never had so much as a twitch from them. But today, because there are none available (mainly due to them being standard fit on new bikes)  I had to settle for Metzler Tourances.  Bollocks :BangHead :BangHead

I'd forgotten how much more work block tyres are and how much vibration they make.  Now I'm going to have to totally abuse them for every foot I ride to see if I can break any records for wearing them out :evil:  :evil: :evil:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Just take in on the chin John boy,I put a pair of Pirelli Angels on mine last year dear lord above :cry: ,took e'm off and sold e'm for 25 quid,all part of the learning process. :roll:

metalguru

Best excuse heard yet........well done. :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

If you don't do much off road nowadays, PR3s are brilliant, more guts than me in the wet, oh and no vibes or shimmy and neutral grippy steering, bliss.

Not very good in cobblestone based fords though!! :thumbsup
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

chairhead

Bixxer,
i cant recommend the the conti trail attacks highly enough, they are an outstanding tyre,
sticky,long lasting and available more to the point,you wont regret them 8)
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Bixxer Bob

Cheers guys, but having parted with 200 quid, like Chris says, I'll take it on the chin an run them for now. let's face it, if I'd only run block tyres, I wouldn't know any better. :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

No gripes here with Tourance...in fact I like em better than the Azaro`s I had on before them...great wet and dry grip and more than enough for what I put them through, hmm...that could be why :oops:  :wink:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

BigDan

No gripes with my Michelin Anakee 2's either...
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

jphish

Ditto on Anakee2s - was surprised how smooth & sticky they felt on pavement (wet or dry) after the Tourances. And for my money - every bit as good on dirt roads.

Bixxer Bob

Like I said, until you've had road-biased tyres on you Girly, you really don't know what  you're missing.  :wink:

BigDan

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Like I said, until you've had road-biased tyres on you Girly, you really don't know what  you're missing.  :wink:

Probably, and thats why I'm not gonna change! I'm too happy with the longevity I get out of the Anakees
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook