News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Headlamp Switch Nightmare

Started by violin, January 30, 2005, 12:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

violin

OK

We're run by Brussels, :(  They say we can't have the ability to be able to switch the headlights on and off when we want!!! so Triumph, to conform, blank out the lights control switch just in case we ( as knuckle scrapers ) don't have the brains to judge for ourselves when to turn on the lights while riding....... Sorry rant over....

I just want the ability to start and run my bike  early in the moning before going to work, with the lights off so i don't get the neighbours cat as a projectile from their bedroom window, due to the intense beam of light destroying their moment of pleasure before sunrise :P  ( why the cat is there then is beyond me too!! but hey i'm open minded)  So if by chance i obtained a right hand switch assembly from an older triumph tiger and plug it in to the "system" will i have the ability to be discreet in the morning or am i heading for a meltdown like 3 mile island.

I have already fitted the relays for the use of twin headlights :shock: ... now that really pi***s off the next door neighbours.... so i'm not asking this question for me but next door really want kids so i really owe it to the future generations to sort out the problem :lol:  :lol:

Thanks

Ted :-({|=
WHEN THE TIGER SALAAMS, THE END OF THE WORLD ARRIVES..........

Chris Canning

While i don't know for sure i see no reason why it shouldn't work,it's not Triumphs style to go for a drastic change doing something like that and for what a switch from a breakers would cost certainley worth a try,just make sure you get one of a late 04 so it looks new.

Chris

robbo

My Tiger is a late 04 and it has no light switch so it will have to be older than that.

allan
best Regards

Robbo

Chris Canning

04 with wire wheels??

Chris

Brock

My dealer (Wylies, Market Drayton) has done this mod for a couple of folks, so it obviously works.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

robbo

Quote from: "Chris Canning"04 with wire wheels??

Chris

Chris,

yes 04 wire wheels, bought it at the start of April 04. I didnt fancy the new one as I had set my heart on a super fast black one.
best Regards

Robbo

TigerKen

We've got the same laws here in the states. However, some euro markets allow headlight switches. I've got the proper euro right hand switch housing with the headlight on/off switch. It plugs right into the existing wiring harness. I'll try to dig up the part number.

knarf

oh groan......

Low winter sun, sun at your back, light on and gues what your now invisible.  Bloody nanny state... grrr :evil:
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

tigerjohn

Have you tried two oval cutouts and some blutack?

violin

Now Now Tigerjohn you're being a tad silly

Of course i've used blutack and oval cut outs, and they work until....

a) Headlamp gets hot blutack melts and i loose the ovals

b) I travel over 30 mph (as a law abiding citizen i won't anyway) and the ovals dissapear in the rear view mirrors

You obviously don't realise how much carboard costs nowdays and to keep replacing these i may have to sell the Tiger and get an Enfield circa 1941 complete with blackout headlamp cover and slot (ah i remember coming back from the home guard meetings)

But thanks to all the ideas you guys have posted and if you see a plume of smoke rising above the Sheffield area soon, you know it don't work.......... anyone selling an Enfield  :roll:

Ted :-({|=
WHEN THE TIGER SALAAMS, THE END OF THE WORLD ARRIVES..........