News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Silverstone

Started by Bixxer Bob, October 12, 2012, 01:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Off to Silverstone for the weekend, British Classic Racing Club meet.  What's racing is here:

http://www.crmc.co.uk/events.htm

Motorhome is loaded with bread, butter, bacon and beer.  All set then! :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

It turned out to be an interesting weekend. I learned about the way Gerry Earnshaw has nurchered the MT 125cc class into one with a playing field as level as it can be (he owns most of the bikes, and keeps them all in the same state of tune. The water-cooled version is slightly more powerful than the air-cooled so if you're a big lad you get a wet one, small guys get the draughters).  The bigger classes are awesome to watch, and Guy Martin doesn't know how to bump start a 2-stroke on the grid - he stalled on the start-line and had to retire.

I also was amazed at the camraderie in the 125 class. Everyone helps everyone else. An hour before the second race, one chap was wandering around with his crankshaft in his hand. He had a main bearing breaking up.  I pitched in to help him rebuild it and, to cut a long story short, as they announced last call for the next race, I was filling the gearbox and lockwiring the stopper closed, his daughter was mixing fuel as he put on his leathers and we tightened the last nut on the exhaust as he bump started it into life.  He made the startline with his new rings making a hell of a clatter andI didn't think he'd finish the first lap.  He did and came 12th.  A bit of a result I think!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning