News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

GPS loom

Started by Spud, August 24, 2012, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

I'm looking at fixing my Zumo 660 to the bike which is the easiest route to run the wiring any help much appreciated cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Straight to the battery is my preference, means it keeps charging when you stop and doesn't shut down. Keeps the tubes going and you can make route adjustments when stopped author waiting for it to reboot.

Having said that, the battery its good for at least 3.5 hours on a full charge so its not really a concern.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

atokad

Wired mine into the connector that goes to the clock, which is always on.  Works great, been running it that way for over four years now.

Spud

I was going to run it to the battery, as my intercom system is there.

Which is the best route for the actual wire is there plenty of space under the tank without wires getting damaged ? I have never had the tank off before, (I'm a Tank virgin).

Took the fairing (sp) off yesterday and found a broken elbow on the radiator over flow tank

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

Once you've done it once, tank off is really no big deal so go pop your cherry....

Plenty of room for wires, and tie-wrapped to the frame is neat, tidy and safe (as long as it's not a bit of the frame that makes contact with anything else of course.  Obviously.).  Follow the loom and cables into the frame void behind the headstock and you can't go wrong. 

Regarding the wiring in, I don't leave my mount on the bike permanently; it's on a knuckle joint mounted on the bars.  The GPS mount fits on the ball then the cable goes to a mini tank bag I have (about the size of an A5 book).  In the bag is my Autocom, a fuse and a phone charge / comms cable.  The whole setup is powered by a cable that plugs into the accessory socket so that when I park, I unclip the GPS, remove the mount from the ball, unplug the power and stuff the whole lot in the tank bag which then goes with me so there's nothing left on the bike to nick. It also means I can easily swap it to the Blackbird which has the same mounting ball / power socket.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Spud

SFQ time  Bob..... Do you use the side accessory socket or have you rewired a new one in a different position cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

I use the side socket.  I run the cable from the rear of the tank bag (so the rain doesn't get in) under the edge of the seat, once round the crash bar to stop it flapping then into the socket.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...