News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Popular Tire

Started by Yankee Dog, September 07, 2012, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Dog

I am getting ready to put the ole Girl up on the block. Thing is, her shoes are about shot. Not showing thread, but certainly on their way out. So what brand of tires are likely to help me sell her quicker.

Or should I just lower the price and sell her as is? 

what do ya think??? 

Mustang

as is ...let the future new owner put on what they prefer ..........let the price reflect it  :thumbsup

JTT

I'd tend to agree with Mustang.  Odds of getting a tire that will suit the sensibilities of the future owner is often difficult.  On the other hand, similar to selling a house, it always showcases better with fresh paint (or rubber in this case).  I wouldn't break the bank on Michelins or anything though, as you'll never get the cost back. 

Shinko 705s are cheap and look good.  Although there is some controversy about them from some, it's going to look much better to a potential buyer with new shoes.  Personally, I'm a big fan of the 705.  I'm going into my 3rd set (thanks Mustang for the recommendation) and love the feel, grip and wear characteristics, as well as price.  :thumbsup
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Yankee Dog

I think I am going to go the new shoes option. Although selling at a lower price might seem attractive, I think there is a significant number of folks who will be put off by a low tread condition.

Thanks for the advice.