News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK 2013 Meetup (was Save confusion on up coming meets(UK Meet ups)

Started by aesdj, September 10, 2012, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aesdj

I'm suggesting that we pick a month for all subsequent meet ups to be held, maybe even the weekend. This way everyone knows to keep that date clear well in advance. I'm only suggesting this because as the last 2 meets have been in July I thought every meet was going to be July and this caused lots of confusion with my poll and I struggled to get a definite date. Also all the meets (3) have been the 3rd weekend of July. I'm voting July and the 3rd weekend. I've set the options to allow everyone 2 votes, 1 for the month and 1 for the weekend so don't waste them.

BigDan

Like many others, my plans will change and a meet up is not something I will prioritise over say, working or family plans e.t.c. Hence it being easier to just decide nearer the time.

But I see where you're coming from so I've made a choice :D
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Sin_Tiger

Good idea but this time I'm going to wait tool it's confirmed before blocking my leave and flights.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

This poll has got buried. I didn't see it and started a new thread. http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,12281.msg89937.html#new

Admin, could you make this poll a sticky please like we had last year and the year before and nuke my thread? And make its title something like the previous years polls. Ta.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

mat-tiger1

[quote author=blacktiger
Admin, could you make this poll a sticky please like we had last year and the year before and nuke my thread? And make its title something like the previous years polls. Ta.
[/quote

:thumbsup +1 On that! Are there any suggestions for this year's venue yet or are we choosing a date first?
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

aesdj

Hi all.Just to save confusion this poll was to decide the month and date of every meet from now and not just this years meet.This way every one knows year in and year out which date to try and keep clear and then we don't have to spend 2 months and 5 pages of chat deciding a date.14 people have voted so far and at a guess those that have voted are the poeple that have been to a meet or would like to come to one so by popular demand and if still o.k. with everyone the meets our to be the :-

3rd weekend July

The crap above sounds like i'm trying to be the boss of the meets which is not my intention I'm just tryimg to make the arranging of the meets easyier.

aesdj

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on January 10, 2013, 02:11:13 AM
Are there any suggestions for this year's venue yet or are we choosing a date first?

Have we even decided a county yet. I know Norfolk was mention'd last year but is that set in stone?Last year lads from Scotland were asking about going up there which I'm ok with. Too be right we've done down south once, around the middle twice so I suppose it is there turn. It's just a long way for you southerners.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: aesdj on January 10, 2013, 11:28:10 PM
Quote from: mat-tiger1 on January 10, 2013, 02:11:13 AM
Are there any suggestions for this year's venue yet or are we choosing a date first?

Have we even decided a county yet. I know Norfolk was mention'd last year but is that set in stone?Last year lads from Scotland were asking about going up there which I'm ok with. Too be right we've done down south once, around the middle twice so I suppose it is there turn. It's just a long way for you southerners.

Sounds good to me! Better get me passport in order! :thumbsup
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

rf9rider

Norfolk was mentioned last year.

Just a suggestion to start things off, this place has been recommended to me by the locals,

http://www.angel-larling.co.uk/home

Sin_Tiger

Personally I don't mind the ride anywhere, Singapore to UK is the bigger challenge, the dates are the most important thing for me  :XXsunsmile
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Quote from: aesdj on January 10, 2013, 10:48:04 PM
Hi all.Just to save confusion this poll was to decide the month and date of every meet from now and not just this years meet.This way every one knows year in and year out which date to try and keep clear and then we don't have to spend 2 months and 5 pages of chat deciding a date.14 people have voted so far and at a guess those that have voted are the poeple that have been to a meet or would like to come to one so by popular demand and if still o.k. with everyone the meets our to be the :-

3rd weekend July

The crap above sounds like i'm trying to be the boss of the meets which is not my intention I'm just tryimg to make the arranging of the meets easyier.

:5huh Is that how it was supposed to work?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

metalguru

Quote from: rf9rider on January 11, 2013, 12:00:05 PM
Norfolk was mentioned last year.

Just a suggestion to start things off, this place has been recommended to me by the locals,

http://www.angel-larling.co.uk/home

Like the look of this and the surroundings.

2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

I don't mind a foray into Scotland, mainly because I can't  see Norfolk matching last year's run out in Yorkshire.  And because I live in Norfolk. And I organised the first meet.  And I like Scotland. :hat10

Edit: Having said that, I don't get back from Pembrey till Thursday before the 3rd w'end so no way will I make Scotland on the Friday, I'll be unpacking the motorhome :doubt
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Its going to be hard to match last years roads.

Any more suggestions in mind from anyone?

mat-tiger1

Quote from: rf9rider on January 19, 2013, 06:59:41 PM
Its going to be hard to match last years roads.

Any more suggestions in mind from anyone?

:thumbsup + 1 on that!  :eusa_clap

I'll go with the flow! (As long as there's a pub nearby!) :occasion14 :occasion14