News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK 2013 Meetup (was Save confusion on up coming meets(UK Meet ups)

Started by aesdj, September 10, 2012, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteH

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on January 19, 2013, 07:08:19 PM
Quote from: rf9rider on January 19, 2013, 06:59:41 PM
Its going to be hard to match last years roads.

Any more suggestions in mind from anyone?

:thumbsup + 1 on that!  :eusa_clap

I'll go with the flow! (As long as there's a pub nearby!) :occasion14 :occasion14

+2 on that...dont mind where I go but if Norfolk can we have Fish n Chips at Cromer.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

I'd second that, although the chips are good in Wells too.  If there are no strong wants for somewhere else in a couple of weeks, I'll have a look at what we might do in Norfolk, although my feeling is that it'll be a nice quiet bimble to the coast then along the coast rather than a thrash out. 

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Good roads from Larling to Cromer, through Watton up to Dereham, then back roads up through Guist to Holt.

Do part of that in my truck when i`m on that route  :thumbsup

Can`t explore most of the roads out there as i`m not allowed through the weight limits in my 44 tonner!

Sure we could come up with something.

metalguru

Just an idea,
Having an interest in aviation, there are many de-commissioned airfields in Norfolk. Perhaps a riding route to take some of these in.
And then if someone were to bring some timing lamps!!!!
Norfolk may be a bit dryer than Scotland though.

Just a thought.

:thumbsup
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

RF9 - B1110?  One of my local favourites.  Ovington bends just north of Watton are brilliant, could just spend the day playing there.  If anyone fancies a taste, go to Google Earth or Google maps and search Watton, Norfolk.  Look to the north on the A1075 from the juction with Ovington Road for the next 0.75 miles, go to street view and fill yer boots.

Edit: I've just done that and it's way twistier than it looks on Google.

MG - good idea.  I'll have a think.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: metalguru on January 22, 2013, 12:46:22 PM
Just an idea,
Having an interest in aviation, there are many de-commissioned airfields in Norfolk.

Isn't Mildenhall up that way?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

rf9rider

Quote from: blacktiger on January 22, 2013, 07:41:16 PM
Just an idea,
Having an interest in aviation, there are many de-commissioned airfields in Norfolk.

Yup, but reckon the USA military wouldn`t take kindly to us riding the Tigers on the runway!

rf9rider

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 22, 2013, 06:41:01 PM
RF9 - B1110?  One of my local favourites.  Ovington bends just north of Watton are brilliant, could just spend the day playing there.  If anyone fancies a taste, go to Google Earth or Google maps and search Watton, Norfolk.  Look to the north on the A1075 from the juction with Ovington Road for the next 0.75 miles, go to street view and fill yer boots.

Edit: I've just done that and it's way twistier than it looks on Google.

MG - good idea.  I'll have a think.

Yup, the B1110 is a decent bit of road, just have to watch out for suicidal deer and stags, had one jump out in front of the lorry a while back.

blacktiger

Quote from: rf9rider on January 23, 2013, 01:24:54 AM
Quote from: blacktiger on January 22, 2013, 07:41:16 PM
Just an idea,

Yup, but reckon the USA military wouldn`t take kindly to us riding the Tigers on the runway!

I thought they'd left and gone home.

rf9rider

No mate, still here, there`s also Lakenheath in the area, that`s  also still up and running.

They both hold some very good airshows if you`re into that sort of thing.

I often see the big bombers flying when i`m out that way.

A few years ago, i was delivering agregate for the new runways at Mildenhall, got a guided tour of the place, it`s like a little piece of  America inside.

Perhaps you were thinking of Alconbury?

That closed down a few years ago.

rf9rider

I`ve checked Snettertons calendar, as it`s just up the road from Larling site,  BSB is 5/7th July, so shouldn`t be a problem with overbooking.

Before we get into this too far, any other suggestions from anyone about location before going any further with this place?

Fross

I've just received the years events of one of my local bike clubs (Essex Norton Owners Club) and they're holding there Camping/BBQ weekend in North Essex this same weekend.
I was hoping to join this meet but now its going to be difficult to be in two places at once (on two different bikes too). Maybe I could run up to Norfolk early Saturday morning to meet you all for the days run. (I'll be camping about 60 miles away in Essex). I'll have to wait to see what you plan to do.
Just by coincidence I'll be riding through Watton (near Larling) this Saturday visiting old friends in Dereham. This weekend I'll be in Suffolk attending the Bury St Edmonds Mad Cow rally on my old 1951 rigid Norton and plan to ride up into Norfolk on Saturday.  I'll certainly miss the heated grips and comfort of my Tiger, also hope it doesn't snow any more.
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Bixxer Bob

Ok, plans are shaping up, before we go firm are there ANY objections?

Assuming not and if RF9 agrees, we'll get our heads together and  see what we can come up with.

Edit:  If we go ahead and the campsite selected is within 20 miles or so of Watton, I have an idea for Friday evening: pitch your tent, jump on the bike, pick up fish and chips in Watton and ride to chez Bixxer.  I'll even buy the beers :hat10

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 24, 2013, 07:32:36 PM
Ok, plans are shaping up, before we go firm are there ANY objections?

Yeah. I can't do that weekend. :violent1

aesdj

Quote from: blacktiger on January 24, 2013, 08:12:34 PM
Yeah. I can't do that weekend. :violent1

I think maybe it might be best if we pick a date that everyone agrees on as Bixxer,BlackTiger and Fross carnt make that weekend. Having a set date for every year is a good idea but in practice maybe its not the best. I'm easy for anytime and I'd rather there be a good turn out than stick to a set date and only a few of us turn up. As I said for me it doesnt matter but what do you guys think?