News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK 2013 Meetup (was Save confusion on up coming meets(UK Meet ups)

Started by aesdj, September 10, 2012, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff W

I will do my best to get there, Norfolk is a county I have visited only rarely, should be interesting to see it with local guides.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

aesdj

Quote from: Geoff W on February 19, 2013, 08:29:03 PM
Norfolk is a county I have visited only rarely.

I've never been,not on the bike anyway so Bixxer if you want to sell Norfolk as a good bikers place your going to have to impress me,lol.No pressure then.

+1 for the date/month here as well.

Bixxer Bob

It'll be a struggle.  Obviously there's the coastal spots, Hunstanton, Wells, Sheringham and Cromer for chips and the road is good, but well-used.  In land, there are several good roads, but rideability is severely affected by weather due to the banks washing into the road easily when it rains leaving mud and gravel behind.

Black Tiger has put me in touch with the local green lane brigade so I'll be meeting with them early next month to see what they can recommend that is suitable for heavy bikes.

I'm also going to met up with Rybes and RF9 to bash some ideas about.  As I said earlier, if we punt for a campsite near me, there's a good chippy nearby, and for those that want bring their chips and park up chez moi I'll get some beer in.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

So, is the date and location set?

Need to know ASAP as the holiday calendar at work is filling up.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: rf9rider on February 27, 2013, 01:53:55 AM
So, is the date and location set?

Need to know ASAP as the holiday calendar at work is filling up.

What he said! :iagree :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

I don't see any alternatives so let's go for it :thumbsup

I'll get the wife to research campsites in the next couple of days but am open to suggestions.  The reason for suggesting near me was because I don't get back from Wales till late Thursday night and I'll have the 'van to clean and put away Fri morning. (Have to do it straight away as there are parking issues.....)

Rf9, we need to fix up a meet with Rybes before he goes back to Denmark, can you PM me your mobile no. please?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

I`ll book the time off today when i go in.

Just a reminder, this place has been highly recommended by some locals

http://www.angel-larling.co.uk/home

I have noticed a few more camp sites in the area, but all are a bit remote, a few miles from the nearest ammenities though.

There is another site i pass by, just outside Swaffham on the Lynn road called Breckland Meadows Touring Park, probably a 10/15 minute walk to the pubs in Swaffham.

http://www.brecklandmeadows.co.uk/index.php

Bixxer Bob

The Brecklandmeadows was one I had in mind but I'll see what else is available.

Geoff W

Quote from: rf9rider on February 27, 2013, 11:47:07 AM
I`ll book the time off today when i go in.

Just a reminder, this place has been highly recommended by some locals

http://www.angel-larling.co.uk/home

I have noticed a few more camp sites in the area, but all are a bit remote, a few miles from the nearest ammenities though.

There is another site i pass by, just outside Swaffham on the Lynn road called Breckland Meadows Touring Park, probably a 10/15 minute walk to the pubs in Swaffham.

http://www.brecklandmeadows.co.uk/index.php
Thats a good 30 minutes or more on the way back then!
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

rf9rider

Small problem for me, can`t get the Friday off, and with my job there`s no telling what time i`ll finish work on the Friday night, maybe early hours of Saturday morning.

So at the moment, i`m going to have to say i can`t make it that weekend.  :doubt

Bixxer Bob

So I'll start Saturday with a fast run across country to yours  :hat10

rf9rider

Might still be in bed!

I might see if i could catch up with you somewhere later in the day, or just come say hello, and stop wherever Saturday night.

Just depends what time i get home from work.

Carry on without me for now, see what happens.

mat-tiger1

Hi guys, leave from work now booked, :hello2 any developments on the options?  :thumbsup

How about this one? http://www.whitehallfarm-accommodation.com/ (any good? I'm not a local)  :occasion14
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

I'll keep it in mind.  I'll start hunting in earnest once this snow goes. :XXsunsmile

NeilD

Sorry for being thick, but i've just waded through this and cant actually see what the dates for this are???  maybe change the title ??

Neil