News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lowering the Girly, will it handle as well or better?

Started by thetolleyman, October 11, 2012, 04:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetolleyman

I'm over 6' tall and have no problem reaching the ground on the bike, however it does feel very top heavy compared to most other bikes I've owned. Was considering lowing since it looks like its pretty easy from what I've seen posted here. My question is...Will lowering 1.5" or so have any ill effects on the handling. Assuming I can lower the front and rear equally, it should handle at least equally as well, right?  Perhaps even better due to lowered center of gravity.

Would appreciate input from those who have been there, done that.

Thanks.
Tiger 955i

Mustang

it'll turn in a bit quicker , but does nothing much for center of gravity .
if you have no problem now with the height , it's pointless to lower it .

the main and pretty much only benefit to lowering is to touch the ground with your tootsies .

try it out and if you don't like it put it back , takes all of 10-15 minutes to changeover .

PeteH

Mine handles pretty fine as it is, only had problems when fully loaded for a trip with the tank bag fully expanded and filled to the brim..then it just wanted to tip in.

I`ve seen somewhere on here that the most you can lower the front is something like 10mm but that could have been just the front  and not the rear...1-1/2" does seem excessive and will have your pegs touching down earlier...

Suggest you ride the fecker as is...as its probably better than you can ride it :headbang
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Chris Canning

Biggest hassle you'll have lowering the bike,is either shortening the sidestand or not being able to use it,when I went to a 17" front the side stand was unusable untill I trimmed some off.