News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Soooooooo what did you do to your bike today

Started by Chad, October 15, 2012, 03:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

well yesterday for me  , i had some new rubber to fit  Heidei K76s i thought to myself at £144 delivered the had to be worth a try they have very much the look of a tourance about them but the tread depth seems to be a couple of mm deeper than the tourances :thumbsup

the old michelin :notworthy

and the new K76s

whilst i had the front wheel of i thought i would fit the new speedo ring purchased from a chap on the german tiger forum to replace the one i cracked when i last had the wheel off :5huh super glue worked as a temporary repair though :eusa_clap :hat10

new ring

new and old ring with the break in view :hat10

im delighted to say it works a treat :eusa_clap

happy Fettling all  :thumbsup
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chad

Chad

weel i rushed home from a soggy construction site to fit some new rear wheel bearings as when i changed the tyres they were found to be fooked.

they cush drive bearing has lived a bit  :new_all_coholic

bit of a clean up methinks  :hat10

in with the new bearing

seal cleaned up and back in as it was fine  :thumbsup

Hmm that spacer bush is a bit grotty lets sort that out :thumbsup

now the bearing behind the cush drive was fine but out it came anyway

a good clean up and in with the new  :thumbsup

Cush drive rubbers in fine fettle  :eusa_clap

hmm the brake disk side is in rather a state :5huh

for those that dont know beating the hell out of the bearing is best done after the C clip is removed  :thumbsup

another clean up and in with the new  :hat10

all ship shape and Bristol fashion  :friday and rather tidy for a 50k wheel  :XXsunsmile

i shall be out for a bimble tomorrow to see if the vibration i had under acceleration is gone  and judging by the state of these bearings im will to bet it will be :hat10 :hat10

:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

trophydave

Good thread Chad,I am interested how you get on with the tyres.I will need some new tyres soon.The problem with buying a 10 year old bike with 3000 miles on the clock is that it comes with 10 year old tyres.

Chad

Quote from: trophydave on October 19, 2012, 10:30:46 PM
Good thread Chad,I am interested how you get on with the tyres.I will need some new tyres soon.The problem with buying a 10 year old bike with 3000 miles on the clock is that it comes with 10 year old tyres.

i shall keep you posted Dave , im out for a good ride tomorrow to get them scrubbed in properly :thumbsup

Chris Canning

Quote from: trophydave on October 19, 2012, 10:30:46 PM

Your not going to tell us your riding the bike on 10 year old tyres are you !

trophydave

I bought the bike about a month ago.I have ridden very gently a couple of times when the roads have been bone dry just to see what it is like to ride.Don't worry,the tyres will be changed before it gets ridden again.

cosmo

Me? I winterised my bike. Which means: Hippo Hands® on the 'bars, and my leg shields got installed. Now I'm good to go at least down to -10ºC.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chris Canning

Quote from: trophydave on October 20, 2012, 03:29:59 PM
I bought the bike about a month ago.I have ridden very gently a couple of times when the roads have been bone dry just to see what it is like to ride.Don't worry,the tyres will be changed before it gets ridden again.

Were did you buy the bike from?,it isn't that black one I posted a link too!

trophydave

Chris,I got it from a mate.He bought it about a year ago but never rode it due to ill health.He in turn bought it from another local chap who rarely rode it.The battery died almost straight away,I have replaced that,the tyres are next.The bike was a good price but what with tax,mot,battery and tyres I will have spent about another £300 on it.It's in such nice condition that I don't think it will get much use over the winter,I still have my Sprint  ST for that.

Chris Canning

I looked at that black one I posted the link too,3,700 miles,he told me the guy who came to see it before me just walked off,which I did as well in the end,it's frightening to find people owning bikes who haven't the slightest idea,never mind riding the bloody things.

birddogone

I added a hat box to my new to me 06 Tiger. An old Zero Haliburton bag I've had for years.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Bixxer Bob

Wow!  That really does have the kitchen sink, right? :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geoff W

It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.