News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Broke brass pipe on Carb

Started by fattires, October 27, 2012, 06:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fattires

Hello everyone, new Tiger owner here.
I picked up a 1996 Tiger last weekend. Bought it for a good price non running and partly disassembled.... I needed a winter project  :hat10
Today I decided to clean the carbs and put new O rings in and I noticed that the brass pipe for the choke on one of the carbs is broken where it goes into the carb body.
Anyone know of a source for a new brass piece or any other way of fixing it?
I'll attach a picture so you can see what I am talking about.

rf9rider

Someone else on here had that problem and fixed it, can`t remember for sure who it was, maybe Rybes?

Sin_Tiger

If you can get it clean enough, you should be able to solder it with a decent powered soldering iron without doing damage to the ally, remove all the O rings first of course.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fattires

Thanks folks,
I found some examples online where people had repaired these with JB Weld so I decided  to give that a shot.
Now I just need to find new intake rubber that goes between the carbs and the engine. Seems that bikebandit doesn't have it right now.

rybes

RF was right, it was me. i used another pipe from a old carb i had. to get the bit of pipe out of the carb i cut a fine thread into it and screwed ina bolt to pull it out. if ya heat the old carb around where the brass pipe goes in itll come out easier. jus use a pair of pliers but dont squeeze to hard.

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,9399.0.html
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

threepot

Same problem on a spare set I have, What function does the pipe do?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

It carries fuel from the float bowl to the choke cylinder. 
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...