News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stafford classic bike show (uk) 20 & 21 October 2012

Started by daveb, September 17, 2012, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

oops, I a muppet

all sorted now, I made the album public viewing

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on October 22, 2012, 12:06:26 PM
Dave

despite almost buying a 1975 Glod Wing which really is another story!!

:5huh hope you're talking about an early naked one.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

37 years ago!!!!

Other Stafford photo's

A hybrid that cost me loads as I'm going to see them about a pipe for my BM

The reverse side of that Vinnie

Triumph triple

Just another RC45,but were this is different,I found this one earlier this year at half it's real value and instead of making a lot of money on it let a mate buy!!!! I must be mad,he had it on display at the show and it was the first time I'd seen it,the other RC guys were checking my sanity!!!

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Unless I get to the hairdressers pretty soon,I'm not far short of that now!!.

Looking at the old photos,makes me smile when people talk about wearing protective clothing,in those days it was either a jacket from C+A, a Barbour wax jacket or some mickey mouse leather jacket,that blue effort I had on there must have done 50,000 miles at least.

daveb

found out there is another Classic bike on / off road show coming up in9 10th  February 2013 at the Telford international centre.

the link if from this years one http://caferacer.forumotion.com/t325-events-for-your-diary

Chris Canning

Quote from: daveb on October 25, 2012, 08:27:55 PM
found out there is another Classic bike on / off road show coming up in9 10th  February 2013 at the Telford international centre.

the link if from this years one http://caferacer.forumotion.com/t325-events-for-your-diary

Be carefull,this show is really hardcore,75% offroad 25% road race zero road bikes,socially it really is a good 'do',as I stopped riding a road bike for 10 years to concentrate on racing,it's an opportunity to catch up with old friends,but anyone thinking of rocking up on a road bike to look at old road bikes etc is in for a mighty shock,we certainley don't bother having a stand there.

daveb

thanks chris for the heads up, so i could be like the Mettisse (Rickman) scrambler type of bikes. 

There is also the classic car and bike show at the NEC mid November

Chris Canning

The majority of the motocrossers are Japanese,bare in mind 70's/80's the factory bikes were hand made to each riders size and spec,were as now their modded production bikes,seeing the likes of Dave Thorpes factory Honda etc is something else,or if you know who Bob Hannah was or the O'Show then it'll be your thing,and you also get some nice road racers,almost forgot you actually buy a brand new twin shock Maico 490,they still make e'm!!!

I'd suggest the Classic show at the NEC will be slightly less focused,but still the same theme.