News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Finally met another Tiger rider

Started by Mossy, October 17, 2012, 06:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy

Finally met another Tiger owner on the way home from work Monday :hello2 I turned onto the highway just as a green Tiger was riding along so he followed me home for a chat and finished up staying a couple of nights  :occasion14 . Lives in NZ and decided to take 16 weeks off work, flew over to Sydney, bought a second hand Tiger with 80,000km's on the clock and a set of home made ally panniers. Picked the Tiger because he had a 955 Triumph before. Loaded his gear on and headed off around Australia.
Replaced chain and sprockets in Qld (hadn't learnt about running the chain slacker than recommended yet). Had a fall in soft sand in Qld but did no damage. Had another fall in soft sand in WA and broke a mirror and bent the gear lever. Had the gearlever straightened in Whyalla, SA on Monday. And other than a service in Perth that has been the only maintenance/problems in 20,000km of riding. Headed off this morning for the final stage to Sydney via Victoria so will probably do another 4,000km by the time he finishes his trip.
Absolutely loves the Tiger and considers it the best bike he could have chosen. :thumbsup

Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1960 TR6 Trophy Scrambler
1953 Thunderbird Salt Lake Racer
1950 250 Excelsior Talisman Twin
1926 250 Levis

Chad

happy days now thats the way to go purchase a bike  :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Red Lion

The Kiwi is living the dream by the sounds of it. Did you point him in the direction of this forum in the off-chance that we'll get a tour report out of him? My wife and I are thinking of buying a Tiger in Oz next year so that we can get from venue to venue in the upcoming Ashes tour(2013/4). I'm looking forward to a triumphant tour(for England) on a Triumph!
Black '96 Steamer : \'04 RM250 : \'10 Arctic Cat Prowler 700XTX