News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

funny noise and immobilising it

Started by rybes, December 03, 2012, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin everyone  :hat10

went out on me bike tday after puttin it away friday afternoon. went to start it and it took slightly longer to start than it normally does but that happens if i leave it for a few days. while turnin it over there was a loud mettalic clucnk from the engine. any ideas what it couldve been ? it run fine after with no differnce in runnin. cant say ive ever heard it before. the cam chain and sliders were replaced around the 50 thou mark as thats all i could think off.

also, im off to denmark on friday for xmas n new years and id like to immobilise it while im gone. the reason for this is, no matter how many times i tell my old man not to start it while im away he still does. im scared hes gunna kill the sprag on the starter. if he does kill it i know he wont say nuffin n say he never touched it while i was gone. apart from disconetin the battery whats the best way to ensure if he does try to start it it wont spin over. cant do the kill switch as he used to have a bike years ago so knows about that button.

cheers all  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

hide the key or take it with you............................ :thumbsup

rybes

lmao i didnt even give that a thought  :notworthy

Sin_Tiger

:sign13 take the sprag clutch out and take it with you  :headbang
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

thats one way of savin it from breakin  :thumbsup lol

TripleTragic

Quote from: rybes on December 05, 2012, 12:06:17 PM
thats one way of savin it from breakin  :thumbsup lol

If it is making that clunk noise it is gone already.
Good things come in Threes