News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2006 Girly spark plug torque value

Started by birddogone, December 05, 2012, 01:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

I have a new, from Triumph, shop manual and no where does it tell me what the torque should be. Anyone please, can ya help me?
Thanks ,
Rod in VA
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Mustang

:5huh  ........
my manual says 18nm in section 2.9........... "spark plug installation"

birddogone

Thanks Mustang,
I just found it in the "not so informative" owners manual on page 89... :thumbsup  However, my shop manuel (2005) under maintenance only goes to page 2.3
Thanks for your help,
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

the slow heart

Guys,

is it ok to use the same value ( 18 Nm ) to tighten the plugs in 885i cylinder head ( 2001 tiger )?
Still not found a recommended value in the service manual for the 885i model, and no owners manual at hand.

It is time to change them, so I got a set of new iridium NGK spark plugs with aluminum washers.

Timbox2

Quote from: the slow heart on January 07, 2021, 02:29:29 PM
Guys,

is it ok to use the same value ( 18 Nm ) to tighten the plugs in 885i cylinder head ( 2001 tiger )?
Still not found a recommended value in the service manual for the 885i model, and no owners manual at hand.

It is time to change them, so I got a set of new iridium NGK spark plugs with aluminum washers.

Same plug so I dont see why not, its a fairly common torque value for plugs, my KTM is same 18Nm.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

I'll have a look at the manual tomorrow,  but I've always used what my grandad taught me: just nipped plus 1/4 turn :augie
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

the slow heart