News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel connector came loose - Gas all over

Started by Kill Switch, March 08, 2005, 09:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill Switch

This morning on the way to work.  I must not have snapped it in properly when checking it the other day.  Popped out when riding in this morning...the return spilled fuel all over my leg and the bike.  Had to stop in the middle of the median to snap back in.  No major problems other than being soaked with fuel.  Of course, it started raining right after I fixed it.

knarf

Does the pipe recall cover your bike ?
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

tigerowner_ut

Mine did the same to me this fall.  Brought it in to have the recall and had the same thing happen the next week.  Turned out that the fuel line cracked on the inside.  Something to watch out for.
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

86 TT350 (the tank....Gone)

Kill Switch

Quote from: "knarf"Does the pipe recall cover your bike ?

Dealer told me the recall was done  .... it does cover my '99.  I will check for cracks this weekend.

knarf

Quote from: "Kill Switch"
Quote from: "knarf"Does the pipe recall cover your bike ?

Dealer told me the recall was done  .... it does cover my '99.  I will check for cracks this weekend.

Try and get the fix done under warrenty for the recall was prob the cause of the week fuel line.  In fact call Triumph and ask them if they have a recall for recall due too heavy handed mechanics.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning