News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Paging Mustang...

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 14, 2012, 07:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Surely you know the difference between ugly with it's uses and ugly with no ****ing use what so ever  :pottytrain2,of course apart from making Bob e'rrrr a few bob. :wave,it's an absolute shed  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

Worked on a project 10 years ago with a bloke that had one of these. It sat in the back of the workshop for over a year, got started twice. Both times to hoon around the carpark for a few minutes then back in the corner with the Solex he also had there.  He'd bought both new and had never ridden them.

I offered to buy the 6.5 but he said no. I think it's a quirky pre motard sort of machine that would be a fun (if oddball) commute.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bixxer Bob

Clean carb or not, they're a bugger to start if they've stood more than a day or two......

You're the first person to have seen another tho' like hens teeth they are! :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Blimey!! god knows were that leave's me then becuase I've seen several ranging from minters to ones that have been used and in a serious state of deteriation,I'd be happy to sink money into an early jap bike,but by the time that design excercise becomes of any value anyone on this board will be long gone,if you get pressed into ever getting rid of it John boy,Bonhams are your people,just be aware there's a seller and buyer fee.

Bixxer Bob

You're right Chris in that they aren't particularly collectable to bike enthusiasts, but as a design exercise by followers of Phillipe Starck they already have value.  Think of it in terms of a few splodges of paint on canvas in the Tate being worth half a million quid to art collectors while the rest of us just don't get it.  And if you still don't get this, Google "Phillipe Starck". 
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Oh yea,I'm perfectly aware the bike is the 'Kings Clothes' routine.

oxnsox

Also seen a few 'Starck'  boats..... enough said
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John Stenhouse

Apparently the dispute over the "Starck" boat has been resolved and it's on its way across the pond.

Starck wanted £8m, they wanted to pay him 5
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

This weeks MCN.

Guess what was number 2 !!!!! :wave

Bixxer Bob

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on December 15, 2012, 09:08:34 PM

It's got the Rotax 650cc engine with Aprillia's own 5-valve head.  I'm not sure if I like it or not to be honest, I kindof do, but wouldn't want anyone I know to see me on it.

Why does the one in this picture appear to have a V twin engine?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Good spot, maybe they made more than one  version with a bigger engine. I should've paid more attention  searching for a pic.

Try this one:

Mustang

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 05, 2013, 07:24:06 PM
Good spot, maybe they made more than one  version with a bigger engine. I should've paid more attention  searching for a pic.

Try this one:

that is without a doubt the ugliest thing , even uglier than a steamer

Bixxer Bob

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

That's what you get when you ask a guy famous for designing space-age juicers and £300 million yachts to design a bike...