News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Prop Stand

Started by Fross, December 20, 2012, 06:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fross

I wanted to fix a larger plate onto my prop stand because the standard one always sinks in the mud when I'm camping. So I bought a cheap spare on eBay in case I mess up the original (I'm not a good welder). When I removed my original I realised it was bent out compared to the almost new condition one I've bought. See photo.
I presume a previous owner had bent it as a modification, what do you guys think? I'll be interested to hear what your bikes have? i.e. straight or bent?

The second photo shows my now modified stand with larger plate, I hope I've got the angle right !!

Regards, Fross
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

dino246

I'm trying to do the same but my welder died.

Marc

QuoteI'll be interested to hear what your bikes have? i.e. straight or bent?

On my 03 it is straight.
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

cosmo

From the photo, the bike was pushed backwards while on the stand.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

metalguru

It looks like the stand with the set is from a steamer, it has been modified for length.

Put a larger foot on mine as well as shortening due to lowering the back end by 1 coil. Then made it even shorter to accommodate a brake which consists of a short piece of angle iron welded right angle downwards to the underside of the foot. This was to stop the habit mine had of gliding magestically down my drive and then having a nap.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Fross

Quote from: metalguru on December 23, 2012, 01:42:43 PM
it has been modified for length.
I know in the photo the bent stand looks shorter but actually they are exactly the same length. The bend angle made the stands foot further out from the bike when down (its not a forwards bend as I think Cosmo is suggesting). When the stand was up it almost missed the rubber pad that it was supposed to rest against. I have now taken some of the bend out and it now sits against its rest pad nicely when up.

Merry Christmas to you all. :new_xmas
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.