News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

This happened...!

Started by Nick Calne, December 24, 2012, 05:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

And it is really annoying!  Well, quite annoying I suppose.

So whats the remedy in everyone opinion, sandblast and repaint?  I'm guessing it needs a particular paint for heat etc?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

That's horrible, what's worse I think it's coating on those covers so painting it wont cure it completely. Best you can do is use lots of coats to try to get the depth of cover
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

the easiest solution is find a cover from the breakers thats in better condition.
all the 309/409 motors used the same cover and only the trophys and sprints were silver/grey. you wont have to repaint :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

I have a few scuffs but nothing as dramatic as that. The original coating looks like powder coating, anybody know for sure?

What has stopped me doing more than a touch up is having one part that doesn't match the remaining for colour or patina, I'll just keep touching up until I feel or have the time to do a complete rebuild.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

i had mine recoated by aerocoat in their fine crinkle finish. ya wouldnt know it had been done.
crap pic for detail but it gives ya an idea

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Sin_Tiger

Nice, I'll be looking them up  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Nice one guys. I'll give aerocoat a look. Just out of interest when the covers comes off, I need to drain the oil and replace the gasket too?

Mustang

Quote from: nickcalne on December 26, 2012, 10:57:19 AM
Nice one guys. I'll give aerocoat a look. Just out of interest when the covers comes off, I need to drain the oil and replace the gasket too?
if you lean it to the left you can pull the clutch cover off and leave the oil .
gasket will need replacing .

Nick Calne

Thanks. I'll post on progess.