News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

For sale 1995 Steamer in Illinois

Started by Scottsr3, January 08, 2013, 06:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottsr3

I have a 1995 Tiger for sale, comes with complete spare motor, carbs and ignition module
It has 6800 miles on it, needs the carbs cleaned, but ran great, prior to storage.
I had to drill the heads off of 2 tank screws as they were spinning in the tank, no leaks.
I have the side covers and the stock seat also.
I'm in Hinckley, Hinckley Illinois that is, ha
Scott
Price reduced to $2000
Hinckley, Illinois USA
Yes there is a Hinckley in Illinois too!

Geoff W

What has this bike been doing all its life? I had to look at the odometer of my 96 Steamer to check that I was reading this one correctly.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Scottsr3

Sitting mostly, I bought it from the original owner 10 years ago with 2000 miles on the odometer.
I had other bikes over the years and this one got the least usage.
Thanks for the interest,
Scott
Hinckley, Illinois USA

motoguru

You've peaked my interest... I'll be in Chicagoland this weekend if it's still for sale.
1996 Trident 900
1999 Legend TT

Looking for a steamer!

Scottsr3

Let me know when you would like to see it. Thanks. Scott
Hinckley, Illinois USA

Scottsr3

$3200 obo, she's still here waiting for you  :wave
Hinckley, Illinois USA

motoguru

I'm still interested, and your price is getting better. I need to get rid of one of my current machines first. Do you have any interest in a '96 Trident or '99 Legend?
1996 Trident 900
1999 Legend TT

Looking for a steamer!

Scottsr3

No, sorry, trying to whittle down the toy box myself.
If it doesn't sell soon, I'm probably going to keep it for the summer, just renewed the plates and the insurance is due soon.
Also have a Rokon Ranger and an Alumacraft fishing boat available for sale.
Hinckley, Illinois USA

motoguru

No worries. I posted my Trident for sale on triumphrat.net last night and will spread the word locally to try to get rid of it ASAP. I assume your Tiger doesn't have any luggage with it?
1996 Trident 900
1999 Legend TT

Looking for a steamer!

Scottsr3

No, I don't have any luggage for it.
Thanks, Scott
Hinckley, Illinois USA

brad1098

02 black-Lorna

Scottsr3

I will have to dig it out of my storage building. I'm assuming you know about them, 2 wheel drive and all. Mine is one of the 2 stroke chrysler industrial powered ones, sealed rims for transporting extra gas. I replaced the engine with a new one from Rokon about 10 years ago when I bought it from a friend. It has VERY low hours. I think it's a late 1970's early 80's model. It looks like this... but without the passenger seat pad, has a large rack instead.
Hinckley, Illinois USA

GermanTigger

Would you be up for selling the seat?
German in Texas riding a British bike.. Globalization!
97 Triumph Tiger
77 BMW R100/7

Scottsr3

I still have this Steamer for sale, with the spare engine and all of the extras. I lowered the price to $2800 OBO.
Thanks, Scott
Hinckley, Illinois USA

nickjtc

Sorry to see you're having a struggle to sell it. Looks like a nice bike.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"