News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger 955 sport screen

Started by birddogone, January 26, 2013, 05:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

I have a 2006 Caspian blue tiger that I'd like a solid sport screen (short one) for. I've seen one that looks black or is a dark tint that interest me the most, blue would work too naturally.
Rod In VA. USA
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Mustang

birddogone

Thanks Mustang, I have seen that one but would prefer not to have to repaint.
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Mustang

you do realize it wasn't the most popular of options and has been out of production for 7 years ?

I have NEVER EVER seen a Blue one for sale . only silver and black and orange ,mostly silver ones though

if ya snooze ya might lose

rf9rider

Instead of an expensive repaint, a some carbon look sheet or similar would look good?

birddogone

Yes, I have realized that Triumph is not like BMW in that regard, still making parts for 30 plus year old machines. However, I did see a blue one recently for sale (before I thought I'd actually like one) and can't remember if it was ebay, Adv, or here. There is a black one in Australia but I've not contacted the seller about selling to a US buyer.

Quote from: Mustang on January 26, 2013, 03:27:02 PM
you do realize it wasn't the most popular of options and has been out of production for 7 years ?

I have NEVER EVER seen a Blue one for sale . only silver and black and orange ,mostly silver ones though

if ya snooze ya might lose
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: rf9rider on January 26, 2013, 04:07:04 PM
Instead of an expensive repaint, a some carbon look sheet or similar would look good?

I like that idea!

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

birddogone

Thanks for the replies fellas! I bought the black one in Australia and is on it's way. I've kind've gone ape shit over this new machine, I can't quit buying add ons for it!   :hat10
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

birddogone

My "Australian" Sport Screen has arrived.   :XXsunsmile
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

benebob

Anybody with a silver tiger have a silver sport screen.  Would love to see what it looks like on the bike.  Also is the 06 the aluminum silver or is that an ealier silver color?
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Mustang

you are correct .............06 tigers paint is named Aluminum Silver

from Hermy's

http://www.hermys.com/triumph/tiger/2006/

Dutch

That black on blue looks really good   :eusa_clap

Appearantly there is a green one on sale in California: http://www.british-customs.com/triumph-tiger-motorcycle-sports-screen.html

If anyone knows one a bit less expensive i'm interested. A damaged regular screen is also ok, I have some carbon wrap available   :pimp

birddogone

Thanks Pard!   :hat10

Quote from: Dutch on April 29, 2013, 08:07:56 PM
That black on blue looks really good   :eusa_clap

Appearantly there is a green one on sale in California: http://www.british-customs.com/triumph-tiger-motorcycle-sports-screen.html

If anyone knows one a bit less expensive i'm interested. A damaged regular screen is also ok, I have some carbon wrap available   :pimp
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger