News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new Cee Baily screen

Started by cjwag87, February 12, 2005, 08:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjwag87

:D

Just a quick update on the 02 Tigger and the Cee bailey screen. As you will remember I had a few ? about switching from the sport screen to something a little better for wind control.  Well here's the scoop.  New screen arrived Fri after work, immediately headed out to the garage to see what the install was going to be like.  Two small nylon screws hold the sport screen in place, I found a dime is one of the easiest ways to remove these.  Once I got the sport screen out of the way I could see what I had to work with, which in this case was basically nothing!!!! Triumph did install two rubber well nuts in the lower mounting holes.  Off to Lowes and the hardware dept.  15 min later I was out the door. 20 mins after that the new screen was on and looking pretty professional.  Should anyone else be considering the change from sport screen to real screen and are going with a CB here's what I used

4- #10X24 rubber well nuts

4 #10X24X1" stainless steel slot headed bolts

4 #10 black nylon screw covers

The screw covers are not really needed but they do finish off the project nicely.  Now for a ride to test her out

See Ya,
Chris 02 Green Tigger

davensocal

Chris-

Which CB screen did you get?  

I am looking forward to your review...  I am debating on whether I should get a bigger screen to get out of the wind, or chop the stock down to get in the wind.  I just know I need to get out of the buffer zone!  

Dave.

whoa

Quote from: "cjwag87"about switching from the sport screen to something a little better for wind control.

I just found out about the sport screen.  What is it like riding with that screen?  Its what I've been considering to replace the stock wind screen.

ThreePutt

I'm thinking of getting the +6.  With the stock shield, the wind hits me on the chest, just below my neck.  The bike also came with a Powebronze that is +4.  With this one the wind hits me right in the eyes.   I'm thinking the +6 would be perfect.

Please let us know how it works out for you.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT