News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Diesel spills

Started by Timbox2, January 26, 2013, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

went out in the car earlier with the dogs, already most of the snow and ice has gone, but only to be replaced by massive Diesel spills on most roundabouts for about 8 miles.

Surely its about time the council/police did something about this. My area seems to be particularly bad for this with lots of farm vehicles knackered old buses and such like being what I think are the main offenders.

Maybe its time to start actually attending my local MAG group, Whats that old saying? "If your not part of the solution your part of the problem".

Whats it like in your areaes?
2016 Tiger Sport

Fross

That's a problem I encounter all the time here in Essex.

In my opinion all motorcyclists should join MAG, if MAG had more members, they would have more say, then could do an even better job than they do already. :eusa_clap

Its quite easy to join online   http://www.mag-uk.org/en/joinmag/a6318
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Timbox2

Quote from: Fross on January 27, 2013, 10:29:26 PM
That's a problem I encounter all the time here in Essex.

In my opinion all motorcyclists should join MAG, if MAG had more members, they would have more say, then could do an even better job than they do already. :eusa_clap

Its quite easy to join online   http://www.mag-uk.org/en/joinmag/a6318

Yeah, Ive been a member for years, but my local group keep dissapearing, the link to them from the main MAG site doesnt go anywhere again.
2016 Tiger Sport

Fross

Quote from: Timbox2 on January 28, 2013, 09:18:38 AM
my local group keep dissapearing, the link to them from the main MAG site doesnt go anywhere again.
That's a shame it's a problem all over, I started going to my local group here a couple of years ago when they tried to restart the group. But it is always the same three people :BangHead (including myself :wave).
I just spent last weekend at Bury St Edmunds MAG group rally in Suffolk :occasion14 :new_all_coholic. They seem to have a good group going but I heard their Rep is retiring after a ten year stint, so I wonder if there's someone to take over.
The campaigners at MAG who represent bikers where decisions are made still need members support whether you have a local group to go to or not. The easiest way to offer support is by becoming a MAG member and paying a membership fee. (Sorry Timbox2 not directing this statement at you). :thumbsup
BTW it doesn't always mean a group doesn't exist if their web site link doesn't work, often web sites disappear if they're not maintained. :XXcomputer
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Nick Calne

I wonder.  If someone, like a farmer or bus company, is regularly and consistently spilling diesel and creating a pretty serious hazard to road users, such as ourselves, is not the right course of action to get the rozzers on it?  It is kinda weird that we all sort of shrug our shoulders and accept diesel spillage.

Can you imagine if it was any other part of society facing such an increased risk through what is, after all, pollution?  All hell would break loose!  The EA would be out there, the police etc

Just look at the fuss when some company accidentally put pork in halal pasties for the consumption of PRISONERS!

There is no reason for diesel spillage ever happening other than slack legislation and policing.  It is like they are saying, "screw you guys, you are only motorcyclists and therefore disposable".
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

I would put my money on farm vehicles, notice I did not say farmers.

I say that because farm labourers are often pretty careless, I've lived next door to farms all my life so I have plenty of observational evidence, most of the injuries you hear about are for the same reason. Farm fuel is relatively cheap, hauliers are much more careful monitoring their diesel consumption as they pay the same as other road users.

That applies to rural roads only of course, urban road spillage is a bit harder to explain.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I followed a school bus that was spilling diesel right onto the school property and asked the driver to take a look at his filler cap. He wasn't interested so I gave him the option; either fix it, or I'll call the police and report you for transporting children in an unsafe vehicle.  He grumbled a lot, but he sorted it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

You should have reported it to the police anyway
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Sin_Tiger

Good man  :notworthy

Is it just me or have so many people misplaced their sense of responsibility  :doubt
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint