News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

97 steamer temperature sender

Started by windscreenman1, January 22, 2013, 08:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windscreenman1

Hi all I'm sure mustang will know the answer to this one, what is the triumph part number for temperature sender on a 97 steamer carb model  I have looked all over and cant find it got one sent to me but it has a tapered thread and I don't think its the right one
Cheers :XXcomputer

rf9rider

Here`s the part no from world of triumph site

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/

Triumph Motorcycles Description: SENSOR. WATER TEMP BG Triumph Motorcycle Part Number: 2102150T0301

windscreenman1

Thank you rf,
part ordered I managed to find it late late last night
Found a replacement for half the price of the dealer ordered it and it came with a tapered thread serves me right for being a tight f** ker lesson learned !
Dealer part on way  :notworthy

rf9rider

Think we`ve all done that, to save a few pennies!

I normally buy genuine Triumph parts nowadays.  :thumbsup

steamer 96

Evening....  I was thinking the same the other week when I ordered a replacement sender unit from www.triumph-online.co.uk for £9.99, when it arrived I noticed it had a tapered thread and didnt want to force or overtighten it to the housing,  phoned triumph-online incase I was sent the wrong unit but they advised the unit is fine to use as they have sold the tapered thread for years  :notworthy    three weeks later and used every day its worked fine  :thumbsup

On a budget  :iagree

windscreenman1

I sent mine back and also sent the de funked one to themin the triumoh packet it came in they have refunded as its not the same part and I didnt want to kill the thread on either my head or the sender
I'm glad yours works but I would rather it be as it was meant to be I don't like to botch stuff
The one they sent me only went in 4 threads before nipping up dealer part perfect fit
:pottytrain2
Mark