News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bath and west

Started by Timbox2, February 13, 2013, 07:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Classic show this weekend for the nostalgic and rare bit hunters amongst you, Im there Saturday this time, Mr Miller is bringing his Guzzi V8.
2016 Tiger Sport

Fross

I hope to go Saturday too, I'm camping in Somerset this weekend with the Mayflower Motorcycle Club, so thought as I'm in the area I should go. Look out for my green/silver Girly. :thumbsup
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Timbox2

Quote from: Fross on February 13, 2013, 10:13:10 PM
I hope to go Saturday too, I'm camping in Somerset this weekend with the Mayflower Motorcycle Club, so thought as I'm in the area I should go. Look out for my green/silver Girly. :thumbsup

a different cockup this year, I went in the gate Ive always gone in only to be confronted by guys asking for money for the ticket? Ive always parked up then gone to the booths, but no, this year they decided to get people to pay at this gate coming in, so get off the bike get the CC out, ahh, the wireless CC machine aint working so he now wants me to go to the other gate and park up as usual, by now the queue is getting large so I managed to raid me pockets for the cash to save anymore hassle.
Last year I had to ride through 6 inches of mud to park up, what is it with bike shows?

Anyway, the crowds got the better of me after about 4 hours and off I went, what with a Harley almost rear ending me on the way there it was an eventful day, but still fun. Highlight of the day was an Old Boy sharing a bench with me while I was having lunch and having a chat, he'd started riding in 1949 and now owns a BMW F800ST and was quite chuffed he'd seen 140 on the clock last year over in Germany, he was 80 later this year!! He said something really funny about the war and worrying, but i'll have to think about as I cant quite remember how he said it, jeez Im only 54 and the memorys going.
2016 Tiger Sport

Fross

Quote from: Timbox2 on February 18, 2013, 06:18:12 PM
a different cockup this year,

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the show choosing to ride to Newton Abbott in Devon instead to visit my brother and family for the day. I arrived back to the pub/camp in Somerset just in time to have a couple of beers before closing. :friday
My friends who went to the show said similar to you that it was far too crowded.
My Tiger clocked up 12k on route home so I dropped the oil etc. once home. The brake problem that arose I posted on this site and got good advice on. :headbang
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.