News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Are the crash bars for 1999-2000 girlies the same as the 2001-2006 girlies?

Started by Ming, February 05, 2013, 04:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ming

Hey fellas, new to this site and my 2001 Girly. Build date on it was 07/00 though and it has the 885i motor in it. I know there are less of this model out there than the 2001-06 955i's and I'm having a difficult time finding crash bars for the bike. The question is do the 2001-2006 crash bars for the 955i's fit the 1999-2000? I know that the engines are different, but am guessing the mounting location is the same? Just wondering if modifications need to be done because of the shape of the motor, and the location of the oil cooler and alternator on the 885i's.

Thanks guys! Lots to learn about my crazy girl!  :qgaraduate

Mustang

blacktiger

Welcome to this forum Ming.
I saw your post on TriumphTalk. I think you may have a problem because your model is a hybrid mix of two models. You need stuff for an early Girly.
All I can think of at the moment :-
http://www.fehling.de/index.php?content=preise&markenid=11&lang=eng&PHPSESSID=c8d9a394a3dfab14eb5bd19042c89d77
http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1450/Protection-Guards-for-Triumph-Tiger-955i
Which don't list for your year. Sorry.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Ming

benebob

Quote from: Ming on February 06, 2013, 06:57:44 PM
looks like I'm just going to have to go without. thanks though!  :thumbsup
Ming, I may have some slightly worn in crash bars available shortly.  A drunk cager took me down in Dec.  I think the bars should be fine as far as bending but my bike is still on its side on my trailer.  Provided we don't get a ton of snow Friday it is scheduled to come off on Saturday so I'll have a look at that side.  Of course they'll be pretty scraped up and need some clean up and painting but I'm sure you'll pay more beert tokens than the insurance adjuster ever will.  I'll be in touch with a pm once i know what we're dealing with.  Mine is a 99 885i and they are some of the stoutest bars I've seen on a girly and actually protect nicely.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

Ming

Quote from: benebob on February 06, 2013, 09:22:07 PM
Quote from: Ming on February 06, 2013, 06:57:44 PM
looks like I'm just going to have to go without. thanks though!  :thumbsup
Ming, I may have some slightly worn in crash bars available shortly.  A drunk cager took me down in Dec.  I think the bars should be fine as far as bending but my bike is still on its side on my trailer.  Provided we don't get a ton of snow Friday it is scheduled to come off on Saturday so I'll have a look at that side.  Of course they'll be pretty scraped up and need some clean up and painting but I'm sure you'll pay more beert tokens than the insurance adjuster ever will.  I'll be in touch with a pm once i know what we're dealing with.  Mine is a 99 885i and they are some of the stoutest bars I've seen on a girly and actually protect nicely.

I'm sorry to hear about your misshap! that is terrible! I'm glad you came out okay though. yes that sounds great about the bars. can you take a picture of them while still on the bike so I can see how much bending / damage that happened? Keep me posted. Thanks!

benebob

Will do provide I can stand it up (well my helpers that is).  I doubt there is anthing bent as it is quite the stout set up.  I do know it ground on the pavement for a good 75ft on the side.  Then it got dragged it up and down onto the roll back 4 times so It'll likely be scraped pretty go.od and need some refinishing that way.  Will get to it as I can
Ben
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

haroldo_psf

Hi guys,

Just to clarify.... I have 955i crash bars on my 885i, and I also have the 955i touratech bags and rack on it.

2000 Tiger 885i

benebob

Sorry Mink, It is crushed and folded over where it attaches to the bottom of the engine.  Would be a tall order to make right but if your still interested let me know and once I do get it upright I'll get some pics.
13 Tiger 800

Ming

Quote from: haroldo_psf on February 09, 2013, 05:13:15 PM
Hi guys,

Just to clarify.... I have 955i crash bars on my 885i, and I also have the 955i touratech bags and rack on it.

Which brand of crash bars do you have? I talked to happy trails, and the bars they have (will have to re-build since they no longer sell them) have mounting points that go all the way thru the cranck case. I am looking for a frame mounted set of bars only.

haroldo_psf

Quote from: Ming on February 10, 2013, 02:38:03 PM
Quote from: haroldo_psf on February 09, 2013, 05:13:15 PM
Hi guys,

Which brand of crash bars do you have? I talked to happy trails, and the bars they have (will have to re-build since they no longer sell them) have mounting points that go all the way thru the cranck case. I am looking for a frame mounted set of bars only.

Hi, I bought these bars I believe from world of triumph. Let me take some pics shortly here.
2000 Tiger 885i