News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Parting my wrecked 99 885i ***GONE *** NOTHING LEFT***

Started by benebob, February 28, 2013, 12:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

Just got word from the insurance co from the girl who hit me.  Seems that the state minium doesn't even cover the cost of a 14 year old tiger and clothes so they will not be picking the bike up for salvage value.  It is all mine free and clear.  Not a ton left but here's what I know I can come up with.  Either post up your desires or pm me.  I'm still only about 60% and the bike is outside so I'll get back to ya as quickly as possible.  Remember its an 885i

1.  Fully funcitioning rear shock
2.  Rear wheel with a Bridgestone dual sport tire with maybe a 1k miles on it
3.  All computers etc,
4.  Possibly a running engine with 22k on it provided it tests okay.
5.  Set of sidebags one was repainted with a rattle can and isn't the prettiest, other is factory black paint.
6.  Possibly a frame and title once I find out if it is going to be legally totalled or not
7.  Stock seats
8.  Exhaust bits minus the header pipes (have both the stock muffler and the TOR
9.  Switiches, levers, sensors, etc.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

SethTiger

I would be interested in seats if good condition.
What do you want for them?

benebob

7 out of 10.  The front one has a couple splatters of white paint on it (like someone painted the ceiling of the garage with the bike in there.  Rear has a couple of light foot slide marks.  I'll try to get some pics showing it all no tears, rips or wear issues and plenty comfy so the foam is in good shape.

I think I could get it to ya for $50 or there abouts.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

SethTiger

I'll take them. Do you have PayPal?

benebob

Yes Seth,
Paypal is with this email address blroth@yahoo.com I'm more than happy to get ya some pics before you pull the trigger but either way I think they're worth the price unless you have a museum piece.

Ben
13 Tiger 800

Ron in Buffalo

I  interested in the TOR muffler. What is your price? Ron

benebob

Quote from: benebob on February 28, 2013, 12:49:53 AM

1.  Fully funcitioning rear shock
2.  Rear wheel with a Bridgestone dual sport tire with maybe a 1k miles on it
3.  All computers etc,
4.  Possibly a running engine with 22k on it provided it tests okay.
5.  Set of factory sidebags one was repainted with a rattle can and isn't the prettiest, other is factory black paint with some scuffs.  Fully serviceable but not for a garage queen without work.
6.  Possibly a frame and title once I find out if it is going to be legally totalled or not
7.  Stock seats GONE!SOLD
8.  Exhaust bits minus the header pipes (have both the stock muffler and the TOR)  TOR IS ON 'HOLD AS I THINK IT MAY FIT THE 955i IF NOT RON HAS FIRST DIBS!
9.  Switiches, levers, sensors, etc.

Plenty of other parts available too just ask what you need and I'll let you know if its intact.  Prices will be very resonable.  Just trying to see as much goes to a good home rather than the scrap yard and I don't loose anything for my time and effort.
13 Tiger 800

topher0268

Any of the plastic side panels survive? The painted ones back by the battery OR the unpainted black ones attached to the tank? Also how did the tank fare???? I'm looking for all of those but I want panels with UNBROKEN posts on the back side. NOT as picky ontank as long  as it's in one piece because it will be painted anyway .... Shoot me a pm  :thumbsup
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

benebob

Engine has a nice not so little hole in the valve cover and the frame is resting against it.  So despite my hope for a zero to dead shifter cart prgram it looks like all the engine bits are available.  Don't plan on tearing it apart completely but starter, alternator sensors and if you want interanal bits you're gonna get the entire bottom end or top end for the price of shipping, a little for my time and scrap.
13 Tiger 800

benebob

Bike is gone, someone took the whole thing minus the parts I'm saving and the parts that already were spoken for.
13 Tiger 800

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

benebob

Was planning to pick up the new one on the 16th but seems they're putting me under on the 13th to manipulate my shoulder since my range of motion is very much limited.  Hopefully that works, if not they'll do ortascopic that day.  I do have a slight tear in my ligament but they won't know if that needs repaired until I get range of motion. 
13 Tiger 800