News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

sticky throttle

Started by wardy, March 01, 2013, 10:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

No, go to the sticky at the top of the Girly section and look in the "how to" near the bottom, use the firstone, the second is how the dealer should set up a new bike before selling it.

Any motor accessory shop should sell the hose, especially the sort that sell kids bling for the Fiestas. Or if you can wait a day or two, take your pick, you can even get it to match your bike:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=5mm+silicone+vacuum+hose&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

wardy

thanks just orderd some 5mm and 6mm of ebay

wardy

sorry to be a pain can t find it

Mustang

Quote from: wardy on March 09, 2013, 11:26:15 PM
sorry to be a pain can t find it
go to the sticky thread for the Girly How To's

12 minute tune
it had a broken link ...fixed it

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,10903.msg80890.html#msg80890

wardy

just got your reply can t wait to give it a go thanks for your help

wardy

wardy

the tiger is going in a local bike garage mike hose m /cycles going to get throttle body s balanced and new tubes on the ivac probably be worth getting the air filter done at the same time hopefully this will sort out tick over problems i found the throttle sloppy so considering adding a extra spring just to firm things up any one else ever tried this

Bixxer Bob

It's tough reading when folks have to use a dealer to fix stuff that isn't that hard when you are lucky enough to know how. I hope he does a good job and doesn't do too much damage to your wallet.

I heard yesterday that our local now charges £100 per hour.  I'm not as quick as him, but I'm no-where near as dear :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 13, 2013, 11:22:22 PM
It's tough reading when folks have to use a dealer to fix stuff that isn't that hard when you are lucky enough to know how. I hope he does a good job and doesn't do too much damage to your wallet.

I heard yesterday that our local now charges £100 per hour.  I'm not as quick as him, but I'm no-where near as dear :hat10

Completely agree. The trouble with these Tigers is that it takes an hour just to get into what you're adjusting. And another hour putting it back together. So that's ££2££hours££labour without actually doing any real work.

Now, as for adding another spring. No, it doesn't need it IF everything is lubricated "like wot I did". The throttle is fairly heavy anyway so I wouldn't want to add anything to that.
You said it felt "sloppy". Perhaps you have too much free play in it??????
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

wardy

i ve been quoted £100/120.00 for throttle body balancing new ivac tube s and new air filter to be honest if i had more time and more importantly some were warm and dry to do it i would give it ago ive rebuilt engines changed bearing etc in the past but i was young and single then with all the time in the world so i  will start with the simple stuff and work up haha 

Sin_Tiger

Tune ECU € 0.00 USB € 20.00 you'll get a whole lot more for your dosh, then you can decide what needs to be done and you'll always have it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 15, 2013, 02:48:34 AM
Tune ECU € 0.00 USB € 20.00 you'll get a whole lot more for your dosh, then you can decide what needs to be done and you'll always have it.

You can't balance the throttles with TuneEcu on these Tigers. You need vacuum gauges.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: blacktiger on March 15, 2013, 09:23:44 AM
Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 15, 2013, 02:48:34 AM

You can't balance the throttles with TuneEcu on these Tigers. You need vacuum gauges.

Which are £57. I recommend spending the extra few quid for the pouch too http://www.carbtune.com/

You only pay once and have them forever. :thumbsup

Just to sum up:

TuneECU - free
TuneECU cable - about a tenner
IACV tubing - less than a tenner
Carbtune - £64 plus post
Tiger Triple advice - free
An afternoon of your time

I accept having somewhere to work could be tricky though.  It's cold in my workshop at the moment....

wardy

in the end with cleaning dodgie elec conections rerouting clutch cable and bit and bobs £200.00 but its now as sweet as a nut took it for a 250 mile run around north wales lovely day and i was knacked haha

Bixxer Bob

Rewarding, this fettling lark eh?  :hat10

wardy

as daft as it sounds i had to wear myself  out i could nt believe i still enjoy riding so much and with the better gear available it just means we can enjoy it for longer i work for myself and could nt concentrate on my work so i had to tire myself of riding but it only lasted for a couple of days and just made me want to do it again i have never smiled so much just sign ed up for bike safe training in august get my head around counter steering etc