News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tumbling side case

Started by birddogone, March 20, 2013, 03:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

Yesterday I thought I'd give my ol Girly a wipe down after ride'n home from work on Sunday in a torrential down pour. I'd lifted the latch on the port side (don't remember why?) sprayed on some Lemon pledge and the moment I gave a good swipe aft it was......OOOOOOOh.......Nooooooo while chasing down my sloping driveway, bouncing and bouncing and then bouncing some more it finally stopped resting against my wife's Discovery. As I picked the bag up I immediately noticed scratches all over the front and both sides, luckily nothing was cracked or broken. So, after about and hour of wet sanding and polishing with three different compounds it looks as good as new! I was even able to get some scratches out that were there when I bought her.  :thumbsup  I was very surprised by how little effect the sanding had on the color, it is as though it is injected plastic with the color all the way thru.
Anyway, glad I was able to fix it and I'm sorry you hardcore fellas had to read about one our Girly's being treated as such but thought you'd see some humor in my story.   :hat10
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Sin_Tiger

The world just goes into slow motion on those occasions  :hat10

The inserts are probably painted with clear coat on top, if you rub with citing compound or wet and dry and there is no colour on the rag then it's clear coated.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint