News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK MEET, Norfolk 19-21 JUL 2013

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 19, 2013, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Ok, in response to Neil, I've locked the build-up thread and started this one.

As soon as I've got Brands Hatch over with I'll start working on the detail of this year's meet.  Suggestions of where to go, what to see, where to camp and offers of help are welcome.  As essential details develop, I'll move them to here at the top of the post.

Date: 19-21 Jul 13

Campsite:  http://www.angel-larling.co.uk/camping  just off the A11 about a mile from Snetterton.  If you're coming from the south or west it's easy, just ride the A11 till the junction before Snetterton and you're there.  If you're coming down from the north you'll first have to brave (and on a Friday evening I mean that literally) the A17 to Kings Lynn then the A47 to Swaffham.  If sufficient numbers develop, we can meet in Swaffham and I'll lead the way in although previous meets suggest people will be arriving at different times so that might not work.  We'll see.

Booking:  Book your own camping direct with The Angel.  Do it now as they tend to fill up quickly.  Mention the Triumph Tiger Rally so they know you're with us. AS SOON AS YOU HAVE BOOKED LET ME KNOW SO I CAN COMPILE A LIST

Evening meals:  I'll co-ordinate the food requirement so PM me with what you need (Fri and Sat, just Sat, whatever....)

NAME                  BOOKED                  FOOD FRI               FOOD SAT

Me                          yes                           yes                                yes
Matt Tiger               yes                            yes                                yes
Pete H                    yes                            yes                                yes
Metal Guru.             yes.                           yes.                               yes
Sin                         yes                            yes                                yes
Geof W                   yes                            yes                                yes

Just the route to sort now,

Game on.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

North Norfolk, round Hunstanton is nice.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Yup, Hunny, Wells on Sea, Cromer. All nice but weekend traffic on the coast road is a nightmare in the summer.  I'm going to try to find some roads that keep the main track to a minimum.  There's a monument to the Desert Rats in the forest at Thetford that I have in mind too.  The Ovington bends nr me is the best half-mile of road in Norfolk so it's on the list too, as is the ford nr Dereham.  The  bit I've not scratched yet is the green lanes. I contacted the local club but they don't seem to respond to emails.  Plenty to do......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Dutch

Are non-Brits welcome as well?

eagerly awaiting  :XXsunsmile

Bixxer Bob

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

NeilD

Weekend booked off  :hat10  although my calendar shows 21st as Sunday?

expect Claire will come along on her Bonnivile, so we may well have a more gentle alternative bimble....  :thumbsup

akendall1966

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 19, 2013, 05:11:56 PM
Yup, Hunny, Wells on Sea, Cromer. All nice but weekend traffic on the coast road is a nightmare in the summer.  I'm going to try to find some roads that keep the main track to a minimum.  There's a monument to the Desert Rats in the forest at Thetford that I have in mind too.  The Ovington bends nr me is the best half-mile of road in Norfolk so it's on the list too, as is the ford nr Dereham.  The  bit I've not scratched yet is the green lanes. I contacted the local club but they don't seem to respond to emails.  Plenty to do......

There are big bike friendly greens lanes in Thetford forest that could be an alternate route for those that like the feel of mud / sand under their wheels. The byway that runs along the seafront from Heacham to Hunstanton has a couple of hundred meters of of deep golden sand for the off road heroes to tackle  :notworthy.

----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

Thanks AK

I have this place in mind and will pop over and check it out next week.  It's not too far into Norfolk for folks that have already put in some big miles (likewise for the run home on Sunday) and is ok for rallies.  My main concern is the location of the nearest pub.  The beer warehouse is worth a look, you can buy just about any brew you can think of there.  But I wouldn't recommend taking bottles home in the topbox.  Last time I tried it the bottles blew their tops and everything inside got a beer shampoo.

http://www.kl-cc.co.uk/

John Stenhouse

Interesting! Like the camping pods
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Right then,  change of plan.  That site was too far from the nearest pub but a colleague of my wife suggested The Angel at Larling which is CAMRA listed, has over 100 single malts, 4 acres of camping and is literally 200 yds of the A11 about a mile from Snetterton.

After visiting tonight I can vouch for the food which is top notch so it seems to tick all the boxes.  The manager is happy to host us so we're on!!

http://www.angel-larling.co.uk  and http://www.angel-larling.co.uk/camping

I'll add it to the top post now....

rf9rider

I suggested that place from the very start  :pottytrain2

Still a little unclear if i`m able to make it as something big has come up which will take up all our spare time   :new_popcornsmiley

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: rf9rider on April 05, 2013, 11:31:46 PM
I suggested that place from the very start  :pottytrain2

I have a short memory,or sometimes none at all  :hat10

rf9rider

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on April 05, 2013, 11:35:06 PM

I have a short memory,or sometimes none at all  :hat10

Old age mate, gets us all in the end  :thumbsup