News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK MEET, Norfolk 19-21 JUL 2013

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 19, 2013, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff W

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 12, 2013, 12:09:13 AM
Geoff, if you want company on the way down let me know and I'll come over the A66 instead of trudging down the M6
That sounds good, I will meet you at Scotch Corner Services , it is only 15 minutes away from me, then we can pick up the more interesting roads from there. Let me know what time you will arrive there. :icon_biggrin:
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Sounds like a plan  :thumbsup will pm shortly.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

One route I've tried was Whitby, Scarboro' on to the Humber Bridge, a short motorway hop onto the road to Lincoln then Kings Lynn and here.  If you come through Swaffham let me know and you can swing by my gaff (Sin knows where I am) then I'll ride down to the Angel with you.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

trophydave

The Humber bridge is now free for bikes so no faffing about looking for change to pay the toll :icon_mrgreen:

John Stenhouse

Sorry folks, once again cocked up the timing, no chance of me coming I'm afraid. Still that should at least guarantee the weather for everyone else!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Spud

have a great weekend lads, weathers looking fair

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

With this lovely weather  :XXsunsmile methinks we should stay away from the coast road. It's narrow, it's the first day of the school hols and it's the only way to get to the main resorts from most of the rest of the country.  It's rammed on a weekend anyway, this Sat doesn't bear thinking about.

Much poring over my local maps with the others at the pub tonight I think :icon_scratch:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

akendall1966

This might give you some ideas  :sign13

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-united-kingdom-/east-anglia-/norfolk-dash-_7aa369.html

I have to go via Bury St Eds. on the way over in the morning and will be coming up the A1101 which is a fun and twisty (for the east) road.  :thumbsup and of course all those very long straight road around Thetford forest that come with a acute 90 degree corner to follow the edge of the field will sort out who's paying attention too!!

Have a good evening gents..
----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

Well, we were down in numbers this year, but still managed to have a good time. It was great to see the regulars and a couple of new faces too. Thanks to Niall, Nige, Pete, Adrian, Geoff, Ivor and Tony for coming.  And please, someone give Geoff and Niall a satnav.  Couldn't find the Humber Bridge to cross the river and, for info, Mildenhall is not anywhere on the route from Durham to Larling, even if you ARE doing the scenic route.

For our friends across the pond Mildenhall is about 25  miles past Larling in the opposite direction from Durham and this is the Humber Bridge:

mat-tiger1

Hi guys, I thought I'd be the first to post some pictures of this weekend's goings on!  :thumbsup
(Don't worry nothing too revealing!)  :icon_redface:

But first of all, well done to all that could make it. (Even those that took a detour :icon_redface:)

I'm sure you'll agree a great time was had by all! :thumbsup

A special shout out to Bixxer Bob for arranging the venue, ride out & activities.  :icon_salut: & BB & Mrs BB for their hospitality!  :notworthy

Maybe we could do this a bit more often?  :icon_cool:

Here you go & I'll see you all next time!  :wave
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

TigerTony

:eusa_clap Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and the invite for the ride out. Enjoyed the day thoroughly and just wished I could have completed it and joined you in the bar for the debrief (fancied some of that ale). Well organised John. Hope to see you all again sometime. Will try to get the hang of this posting a bit more. Keep your Tigers fettled and if any of you fancy another foray into deepest Norfolk look me up.  :icon_salut:

rf9rider

Sorry i couldn`t make it, work and another big project to contend with at the moment.

Any more pics?

Bixxer Bob

Not from me, but if you fancy a look at that museum some time just give me a shout. :icon_wink:

Sin_Tiger

Great weekend, even the detour through Hull and run around Norfolk was interesting.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aesdj

Regret not making this but I'm glad you all had a good time. What's with the bike storage place thingie?