News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Annakee III

Started by Timbox2, March 22, 2013, 06:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Just curious if anybody has tried these, weird tread pattern, sorry its a Tractor :hat10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc70-uvJ_rc&feature=player_embedded
2016 Tiger Sport

SethTiger

Just bought a set. Haven't mounted them yet.
There are a few reviews on advrider.com
They seem to have better road handling and not give up much off road.

Kiwitex

Planning on a set of these after I wear through the current shinkos...
He's just sleeping.....

Red Lion

Does anyone know of a reputable dealer in mid Washington State(east of Cascades; like Spokane, Wennachee, Tri-Cities etc) whom I could pre-order a set for my trip in mid-May? Currently I'm offshore on satellite internet with restricted server, so google is not my friend. Email address would be the best option. Thanks
Black '96 Steamer : \'04 RM250 : \'10 Arctic Cat Prowler 700XTX

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Kiwitex on March 24, 2013, 10:16:26 PM
Planning on a set of these after I wear through the current shinkos...

Am going to try them as my next set as well, got a couple of thousand to go on my Anakee IIs though.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Red Lion

Quote from: Red Lion on March 27, 2013, 08:40:58 AM
Does anyone know of a reputable dealer in mid Washington State(east of Cascades; like Spokane, Wennachee, Tri-Cities etc) whom I could pre-order a set for my trip in mid-May? Currently I'm offshore on satellite internet with restricted server, so google is not my friend. Email address would be the best option. Thanks

UPDATE:
I finally got home after 4 1/2 months offshore and found a deal on Annakee III's for my steamer. The best quote that I got was price-matched by the Triumph dealer in Spokane, and came out as $155(F) + $175(R) + $118 (l, f & b) = $563 net!!
As a comparison, in B.C. the best quote that I got was $240(F) + $285(R) + $185(l, f & b) + $81.50 tax  = $791.50.

The ride home was a complete shock for me as the bike that I knew for the last 8,000km's was gone. I had to get used to a totally different cornering strategy as the A III's were 'pulling' a far tighter radius at my normal approach speeds. The oversteer was quite disconcerting, as I was more accustomed to heavy understeer. I was actually having to correct my steering mid-corner to get back onto a decent line. Over the 440km trip home through twisty mountain passes I eventually learned that to achieve the same 'feel' through a bend compared with my old tyres, I'd have to increase my speed by about 25-35km/h depending on the bend! Now I'm no speedster on the roads(I save it for the dirt), but the A III's were turning me into someone that I have no intention of being, especially with precious cargo riding pillion.
Eventually I tempered my ride and found that I could confidently ride at speeds I was more accustomed to, but with a massive increase in margin-for-error on bends. In my limited road-riding experience (now 8,500km) I have never felt better, and feel rather foolish because I must have previously been riding right at the limit of my old tyres' capabilities without really realising it. A good wake-up call if ever one was needed!

threepot

I'm still impressed with the Metz 'Tourance'. Half worn,and still providing confident handling.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Yup, that's Anakee's for you, like you said, a wee but scary until you get used to them.  If they are anything looks as good as the previous in the wet, you'll be well pleased  :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Red Lion

Yeah, I forgot to mention that 1/2 of my ride home through the mountain passes was in the rain, with lots of verge gravel washout on the bends. Total payload was 215 Kg (473lb). My next ride will be along forestry service roads (FSR) around the Okanagan. Of course, it'll be sans precious cargo. I want to gain experience on dirt roads before riding the Trans Canada Trail from my house to Nelson, B.C. in July. Unfortunately, I missed a free trail-riding introduction run by my local Triumph dealer by one day earlier this month due to offshore stuff, so I'm looking at learning by trial & error.