News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone do their own throttle body balancing??

Started by davensocal, February 16, 2005, 03:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davensocal

I am going to take a stab at balancing the throttles tomorrow..  Anyone do this before?  I am going into it completely blind, so any advice would be appreciated.  This is for a '00 885i.

I have a set of mercury sticks, and a friend to laugh at me while I work, so I should have all the tools I need.  

Where did you sample the vacuum?  I was going to remove the vacuum lines between each body and use that as the sample point (it looks like there is a vacuum line off of each body that goes over to the airbox).  Is this just a vacuum system, or is this the idle bypass air?  It looks like the throttles are fully closed at idle, so I was a little concerned about using these points..

I was only going to sample the pressure at idle and around 3k..  Does this sound right?  

What is acceptable variance?  I was thinking +/- 5% of indicated vacuum.

Thanks!!