News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1995 STEAMER UK

Started by manc_stu, April 23, 2013, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manc_stu

Hi

1995 Tiger 885 N reg 29805miles located in South Manchester, M23 £1100 ono
for photos see here 
http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,11958.0.html

I bought the bike from this forum in Septemeber last year, it was an impulse buy as I'd always fancied one, just found the forum and had money in my hand!
It had been stood for a couple of years after the previous owner(a harley fan) had used it for commuting to save his other bikes.
Previous owner had just fitted 2 new tyres(contitrac) and K+N filter and changed oil and filter.

When I bought it it ran but was rough and hesitant accelerating.
I've cleaned and blown the carbs out, left the orings as they looked ok, fitted new manifold rubbers as these were splitting and new spark plugs.
It now runs well, accelerates smoothly, though i think its a little rich as at tickover, it smells it.
I've fitted new discs front and back(uk made ones) and new seals in the rear caliper as it was binding.
Also fitted new bearings and seals in rear wheel and drive.

It has 11 months MOT, 5 months Tax. On the MOT were some advisorys-
Rear shock link has play, ive had a look and its the bottom shock bearing.
Damping soft front and rear, but then he told me there soft anyway? On the few times ive ridden it it feels ok.
Handlebars slightly bent, forks were twisted in yokes from when the front wheel was off, I noticed this riding to MOT which it wasnt when I'd rode it before. SORTED now.

The bikes has some scrape marks on the right hand side to the clutch cover and exhaust, so I'd say its had a small spill at some point in the past and its missing Tiger decals on tank.
The headlights are drooping slightly due to a break(corrosion) in the cockpit subframe vertical brace, easily fixed by some one who can weld.

I'm in two minds to sell cos I like it but I am because,
Its a big bugger and its a squeze getting it in and out of my garage at the back of my house.
I have another bike and can't get 2 in the garage.
My Landrover project waiting in the wings has lost its storage is on my front garden and I want to progress this.
If you want newer photos PM me your email adress.
Thanks
Stuart
I could possibly deliver it to you if your near a train station but only if your a serious buyer!