News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Greetings from Belarus - electrics problem

Started by Vampyre, April 25, 2013, 04:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampyre

Hello everyone.

I own the 885i '99 Tiger. Today, without any "declaration of war" my turn lights, horn and brake lights stopped to work. I checked all the fuses, replaced the fuses, checked relays, replaced relays, touched the wires and so on, nothing helps. If there any other fuses instead of block under the seat? All other electric works fine.

Thanks in advance!
885i T709 1999

Mustang

"ignition switch" ..................search those words

or try "key switch"

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Mustang on April 25, 2013, 05:38:08 PM
"ignition switch" ..................search those words

or try "key switch"

Indeed, you amost certainly have a wire off the underside. Of the switch or a corroded / broken contact.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Vampyre

Thanks a lot! Indeed, it was the ignition switch. But I guess I lost charging after I pulled and pushed wires:( Is it possible that it is also problem with ignition switch or I burned the R/R? When I twist the throttle the lights become brighter, but horn is very quiet and turn lights are blinking slowly:(

Also, could anyone provide me a wiring diagram for my 885i? I searched the internet but found only wiring for steamer and 955.

885i T709 1999