News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking to get back into riding after 23yrs & have some first bike Girly Q's

Started by Roadinator, April 14, 2013, 05:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadinator

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i in Lucifer Orange

iansoady

Indeed. Being brought up on torquey British singles and the like, with clutches that fried if slipped for more than a couple of seconds, I was hopelessly adrift when it came to low speed manoeuvring on the Tiger, and predictably dropped it twice in the first couple of weeks.

While recovering from the second instance, which trapped my foot between the bike and a kerb, and seriously considering whether the Tiger was the bike for me, I came across this technique on another forum (http://www.therevcounter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11 , which I recommend). A couple of hours practice and I was amazed how docile the big cat became. Although I still don't like U turns.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

blacktiger

Ian, that link takes us to a list of threads. Which thread are you referring to?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

iansoady

I was referring to the forum as a whole (as my initial problems were 8 years ago, the threads I looked at then would be long gone....). However, I've tried to find some more recent relevant ones....

The best I can do at the moment is a link to the forum admin's page: http://www.survivalskills.co.uk/downloads.htm where you'll find a number of pdfs, one of which deals with slow speed turning.

I did a short assessment ride with Kevin, the admin, and was very impressed by his knowledge and ability to put stuff across. I had already passed an IAM test some years previously, and found Kevin's approach quite refreshing after the IAM's rather prescriptive methods - although the system of bike control still has a lot going for it.

Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650