News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Shock Lower Bearing

Started by manc_stu, April 30, 2013, 11:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manc_stu

Hi

I've just renewed the bearing, seals and sleeve on the rear shock as I was advised on the MOT there was play in the suspension linkage.
On investigation it was the lower shock mount, the needle bearings had disintegrated and the sleeve was badly worn too.
I did a search on here first but couldn't find any sizes so ordered bearing and seals from Sprint Manufacturing and a new sleeve from Triumph.

Bearing is a HK2020 and seals are 20 26 4, hope this helps someone, as you can probably get them cheaper from a local bearing/seal supplier, plus no postage. 

Cheers

Stu

Sin_Tiger

Need to post those details in the parts cross reference thread  :thumbsup

All my bearings were stuffed when I took the linkage apart, I recommend checking yours, if one has been neglected, chances are they will all have been forgotten about.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can miss all those grease nipples, even when just cleaning the bike, talk about making things difficult for yourself  :pottytrain2
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

manc_stu

I was expecting the other bearings to be goosed too, but they seem ok, no play and smooth operation.
I presumed it was a common problem as Sprint Manufacturing only sell this bearing and the seals and not the rest in the linkage?
Renewed the bearing with the drag link still on the bike, uing a 12mm bolt and flange nut, 27mm and 18mm 1/2" sq dr sockets, the 18 socket pushing the bearing into the 27 socket.

Cheers
Stu

Sin_Tiger

Brave man  :rock-1: glad it worked for you.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint