News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

rear brake pedal extension

Started by wardy, April 15, 2013, 08:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardy

has anyone extended there brake pedal if so any photos or drawing etc

Chris Canning

wardy

Chris Canning

God knows what your going to do then because the mag wheel version is atrocious the early ones are miles better,having tried both,assuming you want an extension on the piece you put your foot on?.

wardy

it should nt be to differcult to extend i hope i was just casting about for ideas

Chris Canning

Buy a rear brake lever off a mag wheel tiger and put a tube over it(it's round) to extend it,you'll be a braver man than me using a welded brake lever which is what you would have to do on the earlier version.

wardy

thanks chris i can cope with  the existing pedal its just a annoying problem

blacktiger

I extended my brake lever about 10 years ago. I got a piece of aluminium strip, 3mm thick by 25 wide, drilled two 4.4mm holes in it and the brake lever in places that would allow a M4 nyloc nut to sit under the lever in the groove. Countersink the holes in the extension and screw it together. I seem to remember that I filed a flat the top of the lever so that it sat a bit more solid. It's been there ever since as you can see by the rusty nuts.  :thumbsup

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

wardy

thanks for taking the trouble to take and send photos there helpfull its pretty much what i had in mind but its nice to see someone has done it before
thanks again wardy

blacktiger

Quote from: wardy on May 04, 2013, 11:15:39 PM
thanks for taking the trouble to take and send photos there helpfull its pretty much what i had in mind but its nice to see someone has done it before
thanks again wardy

No problem. I know it's a bit "Heath Robinson" but it does the job of preventing me from having to twist my foot inwards to find the pedal.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.