News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gear selector lever replacement opinions

Started by Stitch, May 05, 2013, 03:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch

The rubber is just about gone on my gear shift lever. Thought about replacing it entirely rather than just the rubber. I searched through some old posts and wanted to know if there are any newer updates to a lever replacement other than what I have seen from a couple of years ago in those old posts.. I usually wear steel toe boots and little length at the knurl wouldn't hurt.

Any suggestions or recommendations?
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

metalguru

Can see your problem here as most bikes now have remote linkages.
Having said that, the gear change shaft is a universal size, if you can find a bike, even at a breakers or on the net, one can near enough presume it will fit.
There are many companies selling after market levers which could suit you.
Possibly a couple of hours looking at picture on he net may bring a result.
Not much help I'm afraid but may point in the general direction.

:XXcomputer
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

atokad

I used to ride with a guy here in Colorado that had this on his 2005 Tiger.  It looked great and I think was a bit longer.
It's a Yamaha part#.

HockleyBoy

Replaced mine with a Yamaha YZF shifter on my previous 05 Tiger, cheap on Ebay and work well.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Stitch

Sounds like a YZ*  arm is in my future and an inexpensive rubber just in case.... Thanks to all for the input.
2005 Silver/Black Tiger 955

brad1098

Anything new in this department.  It's time for rubber again.
02 black-Lorna

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

tri650

I bought a Malcolm Smith racing shifter - spring loaded tip.  Cost me $25.  Looks nice.  Can't remember part #.

mark4

Rather than start a new thread, does anyone know the gear lever spline size for a 2005 Tiger? (mine is stored 20 miles away so not easy to measure). I need a gear lever but there are no decent used ones, and a new one is £80+

I think it's 10mm but looking at this thread I'm now thinking it may be 11mm as apparently that's what the YZF is (that some have fitted successfully).

Chris Canning

Bought a genuine bendy Wendy one secondhand for peanuts and having been on floor and wiped the gear lever off carry a spare YZ under the seat just checked its 11mm.

mark4

Chris Canning

Talking of which I see a bendy Wendy has turned up on eBay 30 quid