News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 96 not starting

Started by fepn26, May 05, 2013, 08:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fepn26

I have a 96 Steamer in the NY area, I was riding the bike and it started running rough. I had to keep the throttle open so it would not stall. When I finally stopped the bike would not restart. I would crank and it would start to turn over but it would not start.  It felt like I had a flooded engine.  I have rebuilt the carburetor, but it did not fix it.  I am thinking it is electrical now. Replaced the CDI but it did not help.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

rybes

sounds fuel related to me. check the filters in the tank on the fuel tap and the one in the carb line into the carbs. then take em out. try startin it with the fuel cap open. if it runs its probly the vent in the tank thats blocked. or it could be one of the many carb fun hours it has
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

davetheworv

Hi, my bike is a sprint but same engine etc. did you try turning the petcock onto prime and running it like that?
also it could be the fuel pipes kinked,mine had an intermittent problem similar to yours and after replacing the pipes all was well
try running with the petrol cap open,if  the vent is blocked,it should run then.

TripleTragic

How long since you cleaned the airfilter or adjusted the valves?
Good things come in Threes

fepn26

Valves and filter are okay.  I will take another pass at the carburetor and fuel lines.  Will report back Thanks.

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger