News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2013 ISLE OF MAN TT

Started by aeronca, May 30, 2013, 02:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

Ok, here we go. I predict this is Guy Martins year. What say you? Any one going, or already there?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bixxer Bob

Not going, but ITV 4 HD has already been doing an hour a night since Tues as part of their build-up.  Coverage just gets better and better.  Night before last they covered their "perfect lap" by speaking to the riders that were quickest in each of the seven sectors.  Steve Plater had two sectors, over the mountain and coming back to Douglas.  McG was only fastest in the last very short sector.  Hutchy was fastest by several seconds in the bumpy section after Quarry bends.  The total lap was 13 secs quicker than Mcg's record and would equate to 133 mph.  Some very interesting chat with John Surtees (why's he not Sir John by now, he did much more than Stirling Moss?) and Mick Grant.

I hope it is Guy's year; a win might calm him down a bit.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

We've got friends who live on the IOM,one couple live at Bradden and the others live at Ramsey,but they won't be on the island to Monday/Tuesday as their tied up else where,I'm always a bit uneasy with the TT way to much like feeding the Christians to lions for my liking.

aeronca

Looks like McG was flying today in practice. cant wait to see it on tv. We finally have a channel over thats going to do an hour a day coverage :icon_biggrin:. I'm keeping an eye on dunlop, he looks good.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bixxer Bob

Glad  you now have a channel.  In the early years our TV coverage was too heavily biased toward spoon feeding the uninitiated, which I accept they have to do to some extent, but nowadays the balance is much better and includes three ex-TT racers in Jamie Whitam (who has to be the best, driest humoured, bike commentator around), Steve Parish, who is the biggest prankster on the planet, and -new for this year - Steve Plater.  It's going to be a good week. :XXsunsmile
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Sounds good,  pity I chose last year to go  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

We need mustang to bring his side hack over there, but who could we get to be his monkey???
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

WOW, some good action with the sidecar guys yesterday. No way would I ever be a monkey on one of those things!!! :bug_eye :bug_eye
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Advwannabe

Getting a few clips and live timing here in Oz, but no live coverage unless you are on cable. We get highlights packages in a couple of weeks.

I know I'm beating the patriotic drum here but how good is Brooksey going for a first timer!?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

aeronca

martin's engine shit a cylender durring the super stock race, dunlop took the win followed by johnson and McG. guy should have stuck with honda. the MV sounds great at high revs but just cant seem to get the speed like the jap bikes can. maybe next year. i have to say the electric bike look pretty interesting - wonder what the future holds for them.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!