News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Why Are Big Trallies So Ugly

Started by Chris Canning, May 28, 2013, 05:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTT

Quote from: NKL on May 30, 2013, 02:18:32 PM
I guess the manufacturer's are bringing out more powerful bikes to compensate for motorcyclists penis's getting smaller.
:eusa_clap
I like power as much as the next guy, but hate the fact with that always seems to come extreme bulk. 
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

coachgeo

do not know about Fugly but I do know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder  or is that beer holder :icon_scratch: :occasion14
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Dutch

Quote from: Dutch on May 30, 2013, 11:54:42 AM
Can't Suzuki just put a 1200 sticker on the tank? Who is going to measure bore & stroke anyway  :pottytrain2
By the way, that might seem a bit

but BMW did simular with the F650 GS twin and current F700 GS. Both have a 800 cc engine but for marketing reasons BMW named it 650/700. So why not other way around, name larger then displacement  :hat10

Chris Canning

Quote from: JTT on May 31, 2013, 02:42:27 AM
Quote from: NKL on May 30, 2013, 02:18:32 PM
I guess the manufacturer's are bringing out more powerful bikes to compensate for motorcyclists penis's getting smaller.
:eusa_clap
I like power as much as the next guy, but hate the fact with that always seems to come extreme bulk.

Funny you should say that!!,I rode a Multistrada 18 months ago,I remember it being fast and a suspension set up that took me 10 years to achieve and that was it,I have a Multistrada in the garage for a couple of days and side by side and moving the bikes about the garage my 955 feels like a tank,the Multi is like a bicycle,not sure which I'm the more shocked about missing it first time or now.

JTT

I hear ya Chris.  I had a chance to ride a new style Multi too, very impressive.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Chris Canning

To try and give a balanced view having been out on it this afternoon,the bike is a little hyper,as a traillie has performance beyond your wildest dreams,but I'm not sure about doing a long day on one(500 miles +),an over geared 955 is a very pleasant experience over a distance riding a twin would certainly take some getting used too,as would the small tank both fuel wise and the size of the bag you could plonk on the top,and typical traillie,looks good from the right side but the left!! oh dear.

Oh forgot center stand!!! best one I've used,and the active suspension blimey now that is different. :icon_scratch:

qbto

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 29, 2013, 03:06:21 AM
This look was pioneered by Honda with the Varadero  :icon_wink:

Should have went to Specsavers ! it looks nothing like a Vara ! its more like a Multistrada.

qbto

Ok so I'll stick my neck on the chopping block, not being one to follow the crowd, I like it  :icon_biggrin:
It's IMO far better looking than a Girly, and the seat/rear end looks a much better set up than on a 1050 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: qbto on June 01, 2013, 10:24:02 AM
Ok so I'll stick my neck on the chopping block, not being one to follow the crowd, I like it  :icon_biggrin:
It's IMO far better looking than a Girly, and the seat/rear end looks a much better set up than on a 1050 Tiger

That explains it, you were looking sideways at it  :icon_razz:

Wasn't comparing the Vara to anything else, other than saying it was not a pretty looking bike, like many other Pig Traillies in my opinion. Put it this way, I was happier riding it than looking at it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

OK I'll put my pennyworth in, I think the Girly isn't pretty but I would much rather have that than any of the last few years crop of "insect" style bikes, I think they're horrible, they look just thrown together.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting