News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain stamped 50VM, Is this different than a 530VM??

Started by raven955i, April 10, 2005, 01:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raven955i

Doing the 24k service on the beast and got the chain off (finally).  The stamp indicates that it is a DID 50VM.  I was under the impression that I should replace it with a DID 530VM (the VM indicates x-ring, a v stamped into the plate indicates an o-ring. for those curious).  

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,

Len
Establish priorities, when your up to your ass in alligators first thing to do is drain the swamp.

AndyM

The 50 is the same as the 530.  It's just another way of coding it. Eiropean maybe? Here's a link that shows what I'm trying to say.

http://www.pinkmotors.hu/did/didiparam.htm

raven955i

Thanks for the reassurance.  That's what I thought.  When I did a search online for a DID 50VM it only brought up Japanese sites.

Thanks again.

Len
Establish priorities, when your up to your ass in alligators first thing to do is drain the swamp.