News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Winds of Change

Started by TigerTrax, September 04, 2013, 06:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

I see a demographic change on this site.

There was a time when Yanks were the predominant source of topics, messages,
and 'how-to'... but now it's the Brits who dominate the 'airways' on tigertriple.

I say this because I see in UPCOMING RIDES .... the topic is littered with Brit & European
activity yet hardly a word for events in the USA. Seems odd. 

Just thinking out loud  . . pondering the obvious  . . toodloo . . .  :icon_scratch:

\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Spud

Perhaps you guys should organise a Tiger ride out and us Brits hire a container dump our bikes in and come across  :bug_eye
best of both worlds

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Mustang

the steamers and girlies have been replaced by the newer breed of tigers and this site is really only active for the 1st and 2nd generation tiggers . :bug_eye

as far as ride in/outs even the UK meets only turn up a handful of tiggers .
and one of Triumphs Slogans is "Go your OWN way !"

I'd say the marketing boys at Triumph nailed it correctly.

and besides how much can one really talk/bitch about fouled carbs, bad coils, broken fuel fittings and failed charging systems or spinning tank nuts?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Mustang on September 04, 2013, 11:45:03 AM
and besides how much can one really talk/bitch about fouled carbs, bad coils, broken fuel fittings and failed charging systems or spinning tank nuts?

Ad Infinitum it appears sometimes  :icon_lol: You are dead right about Triumph riders, without wanting to generalise or type cast, we do seem to be more soloists than the Beemer robots  :icon_redface: 

Just so long as "Go Your Own Way" doesn't become "You're on your own Pal" when it comes to warranties  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

and I was thinking it was just me a "Billy no mates"  :pottytrain2

perhaps were just the thinking mans rider  :icon_rolleyes:

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

The Midnight Rambler

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

aeronca

Quote from: Mustang on September 04, 2013, 11:45:03 AM
the steamers and girlies have been replaced by the newer breed of tigers and this site is really only active for the 1st and 2nd generation tiggers . :bug_eye

as far as ride in/outs even the UK meets only turn up a handful of tiggers .
and one of Triumphs Slogans is "Go your OWN way !"

I'd say the marketing boys at Triumph nailed it correctly.

WOW, I could talk a long time :icon_lol: Its funny this post happened, I was thinking the same thing.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

I don't know about now but early 2000 ish Triumph's biggest market by some margin was Germany,the US may well be a big market for cruisers and motocrossers but there are a lot of bikes that never get to the US,the one that springs to mind is the Africa Twin a proper dual alrounder with even a 21" front wheel I had two of and def a round the world piece of kit and even present day the Sport Tiger still isn't in the US.

Probably find there are more Brits on here cuz we've got more Tigers  :icon_lol:

Chris Canning

Quote from: The Midnight Rambler on September 04, 2013, 09:41:57 PM
He  who travels fastest travels alone.

Never a truer word,I/we have to travel to Le-Mans and then down south with others what a pain!!! as luck would have they feel the same so what happens if we haven't seen hide nor hair of each other in our mirrors for half an hour we'll stop and phone other wise it's gung ho  :icon_salut: