News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Temporary Tiger

Started by coachgeo, June 30, 2013, 05:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

Minus a few cylinders but been told it has Torq like a baby teenage? Tiger at low ends. 1983  Yamaha XT550 Enduro.  Using it to commute and Play/Practice while Tiger is under the knife.  Need to practice on something. Also both the  approx. 50mpg, and price of bike sat about right with me.

Am thinking it works just about right for practice since it's been several decades since I rode and did little back then anyway. I can't; two foot, flat foot it, but it still not quite as tall as Tiger.  So in that way good for practice.  Lighter than Tiger but still no slouch in weight so again good for practice. So overall it should be a fair intermediate step on the way to Tigerdom (dieselized)

Farkles, be they small though.......

. cell phone charger. 12v Cell chargers are brought down to 5v and around 1.0 amp so from what I read that works for cell ok with 6v system too.  It's just a cheap Oriely's 12v accessory Plug with cap. Im going to fill bottom side with silicon to keep rain out from that end.  Working so far for the one time I used it. Will probably put a marine grade switch in the line since it is full time on and not switched w/key.  Maybe just a marine fuse and remove it when not using it.
. Top Case- Got it with two hard top cases. One's now on the 550. Tiger will get other.
. Cell phone carrier..... will see how this goes. Walmart Bicycle phone carrier is all I could find. Will reinforce the shiat out of it. It arrives in July 3.  Off work the 4th will install then. Will rarely carry the phone in it.  Mostly only when using phones Navigation. Phone is Kyocera Hydro so it is water proof to a point. Granted that point is far beyond the standard phone but no dive watch.
. Sport ear buds- For under helmet when using Nav. of cell phone or a long travel Friday ride streaming some music.  NOT wearing it around front of neck but around side and on up back of neck and  then up back of helmet.  Figure it is safer that way.
. Saddle bags- Cheap Walmart  for rain cover and rain suit. Grocery's? To be installed middle of July when it comes in.
. Shinko's- Not really a Farkle but more a logic to the riding Im doing.  Took off the 85% treaded Knobby's and put Shinko's on Thursday

:icon_scratch: Guess I should take a pic. 
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Sin_Tiger

Sensible choice and will probably be a lot of fun  :hat10

I am very impressed with the looks and on paper spec of the new CCM 450, hope to get a look at it during the Kelso show / rally next weekend.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

coachgeo

Few pics.

Filled underside of 12v socket with silicon to keep water out.  Hopefully the cap on it is good enough to keep rain out so that Im not actually keeping water IN!!  It is wired in after an inline fuse behind body panel that doubles as holding battery in place.  Looked for a marine switch to wire in to cut off power to it since it is wired direct to battery but no luck.  Looked into adding an inline mini modern fuse that is marine quality (rubber housing with rubber lid) to use as a pseudo switch. Two actually.  Idea was for one to be wired in and remove fuse to cut off power. Second was to be a holder of the fuse when not powering the power socket.  No dice though.  Reality is that pulling the fuse would take a good bit of a tug, along with room to get a finger on both sides.... made potential mounting it to much of a PITA.  Gave up.  Socket should not drain battery, which was my concern unless somethings plugged into socket completing circuit (or it fills with water lol) so I should be good.

Red shows the unit looking down at cap.  Other looking from front

Cell phone holder mounted.  Not real thrilled. Will see how it works when it finally stops raining. In hmm..... 10th day or rain right now.  Course it only rains when Im NOT at work.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)