News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cracking weather

Started by Sin_Tiger, July 09, 2013, 12:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Sod it, I'm off up to Applecross in the morning  :wave
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

PeteH

Enjoy :thumbsup great road up and stunning scenery..
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

I'm roasted. Fort Augustus is jumping :hat10 decision,  Loch Ness or Applecross and back to BnB before dark  :icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I was up there last year, loved Skye and the A87 road back to Invergarry was fantastic.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Evening run up to Inverness,  look for petrol  :icon_scratch: why do they hide them on industrial estates these days?

Run down the East side of the Loch stopping at the Dores Inn for sustenance,  highly recommended  :thumbsup then diagnosis the rest of the way to Fort Augustus on single track,  some  lovely countryside,  including the hidden gem of Loch Tarff.

Up to Applecross the next morning.  Great run, apart from having to pass some eejit in a huge Audi doing a 3 point turn at one hairpin   :icon_rolleyes:  lunch at the Applecross Inn followed by the cost Road back.  Every corner a different view and every time I Saturday to myself "it can't get better than this"  I was proved wrong.   :notworthy

Quick run over to Skye and grab the Armadale ferry back to Mallaig just in time to see the Harry Potter Express pulling out.  Great couple of days,  thermals stayed in the rucksack the whole time  :XXsunsmile

Geoff W

No where better than the West coast of Scotland in good weather.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

John Stenhouse

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 11, 2013, 03:46:10 PM
  lunch at the Applecross Inn followed by the coast Road back.  Every corner a different view and every time I Saturday to myself "it can't get better than this"  I was proved wrong.   :notworthy  :XXsunsmile

My uncle built the coast road from Applecross in the 1970s, well I should say the company he was MD of, RJ McCloud, it's a lovely ride either way.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

threepot

:XXsunsmile  Went up to Rhyader,Elan Valley..spur of the moment thing. Took a tent,surprisingly chilly in the night tho!
95 Super111
96 Tiger