News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Top box lifespan?? Only 50K miles??

Started by cosmo, July 06, 2013, 04:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmo

Got home today and noticed that my Triumph top box, which I use almost daily, has the front lower edge cracked, including a piece about 1 inch square ready to fall out. Looks to be a fatigue crack, wondering if anyone else:

A: has more miles on a top box with no damage
Or
B: Has the same damage.

I ordered a BestEm top box, as I cannot go without a top box. I have no car, it's how I get stuff home. You know, like food.

Anyway, Cheers,

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chris Canning

I guess my topbox has done around 45000 miles it's 14 years old and it's as good as the day we bought it despite my dear wife putting far too much weight in,it's a 50l Givi.

Dutch

If you have a local hole in the ozon layer plastics might deteriorate faster than usual. Apperently it's quite obvious down-under. But even in the northern hemisphere the amount of sun a top box sees might influence life span. But there is probably a variation in life span with same brand, same model, used the same and it's not possible to say how much that plays a part without testing a huge number of boxes.

Guess it comes down to "sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not". Do you think after 50K M you can still sue the supplier?   :hat10