News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Serviceing and mods

Started by Boo, July 13, 2013, 12:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

I have just become the new owner of a 2006 model 955i tiger. First impressions are very good. Rode it home from Coventry to deepest, darkest Cornwall  :XXsunsmile last weekend and was supprised just how good it all was.
I am now in the process of fitting some well needed tyres, Michelin Ankee 3's. I am hoping this will cure the trouser filling experiences I encountered when hitting the white lines  :bug_eye.
Extras included were, panniers, heated grips, screen defflector, rear hugger and headlight relay. I do feel there is a need to fit a radiator grille and maybe later some crah bars as a precautionary measure.
What I want to know is:- what else is the standard reccomendations for making a good bike better? I am not looking for  balls out performance mods, but if the mods do improve performance then all well and good. I need good road manners, ecconomy and a smooth running motor to keep me happy for the next ten years or more. I do like to keep my bikes.
It does have a tendancy to shunt a bit at low speeds, so do I need to get it re mapped or just ignore it. What about gearing, chain oilers, handlebar risers, air filters and squidgy seat covers.
Hopefully, most of the riding will be long distance and one up with gear. I'm not a pie eater or have a fettish for girls from Redruth, :icon_redface: so shcks, hopefully will not be a major concern.
Any feedback will be greatfully recieved, then trashed by everyonre else out there and no doubt cause arguments, anger and death threats. Who cares! Thats all part of the fun!

Many Thanks
        Boo.  :icon_biggrin:

John Stenhouse

Some Mustang pegs were one of the best mods I made, look for him in the Steamer section. An aftermarket shock really does make a world of difference and should be on the list. Oh and get the crash bars first..........Tiggers do like a nap like all big cats!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

PeteH

Hi Boo, Get your ass over to July meetup and your bike will get wll sorted over a few beers :thumbsup
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour